Guide How to set up a Blade Media BM5000s

hi bees, i posted the comment as suggested, but iv been told its for server requests only, i need some help with identifying the server detail of my current box, thanks mate.

I have just read the other post.

When you said your box was pre configured I thought you meant it was supplied
flashed with the 9991 firmware and you where looking for server so you could enter a line into it.

The 7 day EPG just installs over the 9991 firmware and won't effect your line.

Are you just trying to get a copy of your line off your box and on to a memory stick
so you can read the whole line or have a backup copy ?

You can back up your box by using

Menu - Setup - Upgrade / Backup - Image Backup

(Left /Right Button) to Select ALL at the top left.

Scroll down to USB root then over to the right and "add new file"
call it what you want, say "backup" and save.

You should now have a file called "backup.all.ssu" on the right, highlight it then press OK and back up the file.

It is a ".ssu" file so you can't read the details, but if you have any problems just load the file
like previous firmware and it will reinstall the firmware along with your line.

Or !!!!

Contact the box supplier and ask them lol

Last edited:
Hi bees, thanks for the reply. Do I need to install the 9991 firmware first before I install the 7 day EPG FW? Or can I just install the 7 day EPG FW over the top of my "out the box" firmware?

Keep up the good work!

I have just read the other post.

When you said your box was pre configured I thought you meant it was supplied
flashed with the 9991 firmware and you where looking for server so you could enter a line into it.

The 7 day EPG just installs over the 9991 firmware and won't effect your line.

Are you just trying to get a copy of your line off your box and on to a memory stick
so you can read the whole line or have a backup copy ?

You can back up your box by using

Menu - Setup - Upgrade / Backup - Image Backup

(Left /Right Button) to Select ALL at the top left.

Scroll down to USB root then over to the right and "add new file"
call it what you want, say "backup" and save.

You should now have a file called "backup.all.ssu" on the right, highlight it then press OK and back up the file.

It is a ".ssu" file so you can't read the details, but if you have any problems just load the file
like previous firmware and it will reinstall the firmware along with your line.

Or !!!!

Contact the box supplier and ask them lol

If you have the $ channels then the 9991 firmware is already installed
just do the 7 day EPG upgrade.

Hi Bees, I can see the $ channels and was able to apply the 7 day EPG upgrade without any issues. However, I still when i hit the Menu button and press 9991 nothing happens. Any thoughts please?
Thanks

If you have the $ channels then the 9991 firmware is already installed
just do the 7 day EPG upgrade.

1013874_595783103841403_1519774031_n.png

Blade launches new WiFi dongle. High quality, powerful range and compact design. Perfect for many devices, including some set top boxes in the Blade range and other brands of receivers, PC's, Sony PSP, etc. Available from this week.

my box should arrive tomo, so hopefuly i will get it setup with help from this tutorial.
im running a bm7000s at mo, how would you guys rate the 5000 over the 7000?

Menus are a bit more basic, remote not as good.

Is that worth an extra £70 ?

Other than that it's basically the same.

All the network apps work (like youtube)on the BM5000s unlike the BM7000s

roopykang,

I would ask advise from your supplier, maybe he has put a lock on the menu.

Last edited:

thanks for the reply.
my box arrived today, all setup and running in 15 mins. just going to play around with channel editor now to get them the way i like.
i have to say, i think its far better than the 7000, apart from the fact, i liked being able to see whats on, on all the channels on the page. :-(
i take it theres no option for that on the 5000?

thanks for the reply.
my box arrived today, all setup and running in 15 mins. just going to play around with channel editor now to get them the way i like.
i have to say, i think its far better than the 7000, apart from the fact, i liked being able to see whats on, on all the channels on the page. :-(
i take it theres no option for that on the 5000?

i don't think there is an option at the moment but they are updating it all the time since it's a new receiver but I could be wrong, Im looking for the same thing by the way.

Also on the BM7000s when you were on a particular channel in a certain favs group, then you go to another group watch a certain channel, if you go back to the other fav group you'll be on the last channel you were watching in that group, but now on this box it always starts at the first channel in the group which I don't like.

Hi, I've arranged all my channels to the way I want, similar to sly.. Is it possible to save this to the USB pen from the receiver. I wouldn't want the hassle of arranging them all again if I upgrade to new firmware. It would be handy to load them via USB.
Thanks.

Back