Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

Hi,

I need some help, after completing the above and starting a new scan I get 'error failed to scan' message and nothing works.

I've added in the channels bouquet using the above, but even attempting to view the fta channels they come up with scan error, so don't appear to be working!

check your net id is correct , you can check this by looking in the menu on your vm box

google ; how to get net id from virgin

and all will be revealed

not all areas are listed or if you live on a boundary and not sure there has been some reports where peeps have put net id in for there area

and then installed dvbsnoop and put on a free view channel i.e local bbc and run dvbsnoop the net id is different

that's why its better to get your net id off of the box ( if you have one ) if not run dvbsnoop

No mate, not on the cable side anyway.

They have got cable in the south but I haven't seen much posted about it.

If you connect a HDD for recording then you don't need a pen drive. The EPG
and channel list will just get stored on there.

For running the EPG and channel lists without recording any small USB stick will do.

But what if I decide to use an external HDD later on, can I use a USB stick for EPG and channels lists and then later have external hardrive just for recording? So basically have to devices plugged in.

yes i use a tm nano se with epg to usb and added a 1tb externally powered for recordings.and as its on a network can access other hdd with different recordings.

Like cactikid I use the same 8GB DT USB for EPG and internal HDD for recording. I did read somewhere, not sure where, that I shouldn't store EPG on internal memory, so therefore I do it this way. I did use an external HDD for recording before switching to internal HDD which worked fine.

Back