Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

Thing is mate its not that I am cheap its that I am struggling for cash so I can get a big capacity usb. I think I have a 4gb usb around but that is it.

I know, the point was you can't store the EPG on a pen and record on a HDD

It all stores in the same place

Last edited:
@bees, what will happen if I use both USB for EPG and HDD for recording?

I havent got an external HDD yet that is why I will just use USB for EPG.

I thought with 2 USB ports and 2 devices that it will store EPG and recording on the respective devices.

As far as I can tell in the menu you have a choice to store to the internal flash or a HDD.

You can't allocate different devices for EPG and recording,

If your pen drive is slow sometimes the audio will go out of synch when watching recorded programs.

I would suggest you need a 3.0 USB rather than a 2.0

Just give it a try and see what happens.

sorry bees you can ,duo,tm nano se both have usb setup for epg,recordings go to hdd,so did the solo2 and boxes have either internal or external hdd for recordings.

never put epg for flash as you will corrupt it.

Last edited:
@bees, if I decide to use external HDD instead of USB stick that should give audio problems when watching recorded programmes would it?

my advice use both epg to usb saves disk spinning up,if you get audio issues press audi button and select diffent stream.

for the irish people having fun in scanning on upc,i used that with the info from the netid cable list.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 105
I am in the process of setting three tuners I think I made a mistake on the first two tuners as they are not the same, how can I go back to fix this?

You should insert a pen drive to store your EPG on, if the internal flash memory gets full
it can brick the box.

Menu - Setup - System - EPG - Settings

Change the EPG Location from internal flash to media/hdd

Stuck at this part guys... Ive inserted a blank flash usb pen, but when i go to the menu to change epg location it stays on internal hdd it wont let me select the usb! ALways 1 thing eh?! Please help!

Back