Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

i remember one member who had issues with his kv piece of sh1te he said as always had issues and for 2 years he was told signal/cable issue and said no its not its a box issue,he updated to a better box and ohh still had issues.
eventually he said he would update his old cables and after a week of new cables he said i think i sorted the issue.
2 years of telling him old cables are not good enough with modern electronics and use a better type has/is now sinking in.:grin:[emoji106]
Lol, that was me to a degree, i thought it was all about the box and as soon as i upgrade to an e2 box all my prayers will be answered, no more kryptview glitchy channels, how wrong was i, i now hav learned not to bypass the basics and think a new box is gona sort out everything, its took a little while to prize myself off kryptview, but well glad now i hav, pics propa quality, just hopin now that virmin keeps things as they are, not like sly [emoji106]

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

hi guys,

I am struggling with this I have the channels and the EPG for cable I can view FTA channels but paid ones are not clearing at all.

I have downloaded the mgcam zip file on the first post and edited the newcamd.list with my line details like so:

CWS = d3mac.co.uk 31000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

in my softcams I have MGcamd.1.35a & oscam I have selected MGcamd.1.35a and uploaded the two files to /usr/keys and I click on start and it runs then Start just stays there in the Active at the top it says nothing.

So I have removed all the softcams and download Mgcamd 1.38 it installs but does not show in the softcam panel so I download Mgcamd 1.35a this shows in the softcam panel my softcam manager log shows this:

2017-06-10 23:07: Timer Check Enabled
2017-06-10 23:07: Couldn't find MGcamd.1.35a running, Starting MGcamd.1.35a
2017-06-10 23:13: Timer Check Enabled
2017-06-10 23:15: Timer Check Enabled
2017-06-10 23:17: Timer Check Enabled
2017-06-10 23:21: Timer Check Enabled
2017-06-10 23:22: Starting MGcamd.1.35a

any ideas?

Try changing it to:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
CWS = d3mac.co.uk 31000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

nope doing the same I press Green to Start and it runs the blue circle and then Start is still present.

Set auto start rebooted and still the same.

Any ideas?

The box is an Amiko Alien 2+ with Vix4 2.2 009-blue+ Enigma2 image.

I'm working through Bees great instructions with a VU+ Solo SE and am trying to transfer the EPG onto external storage but in 'system' there is no EPG option. Any ideas?

Across the top, in Host type in your IP address, in username type in root, leave password blank and in port type in 21
Trying to use filezilla but the only options I get are host, port and password, I put in my ip address in host, port 21 and password blank I get "error, could not connect to server."
I have no option for username??

I am struggling with this I have the channels and the EPG for cable I can view FTA channels but paid ones are not clearing at all.

You need to check your line is live from the server, either get a test from elsewhere and try that and see if it clears
or see if a member will test it for you.

If your line is not live you will be messing around for no reason. If it's live you know it's a set up problem.

Your server will say everything is ok at there end :grin:
standard answer :grin:

So get somebody else to confirm.

hey peeps
im having isues flashing my evo nova combo with vix4, its currently running on open atv and ideas too why it wont let me flash it....
any help will be hugley appreciated

great tutorial very helpful indeed, but im having isues finding mg cam on my evo nova combo any help wil be highly apreciated !! cheers guys

Ok that was good. I have a Nano2 super on Vix image and using28.2e and 27.5w, this is because I'm using it in Spain so no choice about that. I did have it all running fine on Openpli4 but I like the Vix image so now I have that and it's great aprt from the 27.5w which I cannot clear. All codes are there and up to date. I got this image fron a friend with all his settings as hix box is same as mine and when I first started the box 27.5 was working fine on oscam but the 28.2e channels were not clearing so I entered the details I needed to then 28.2 channels cleared but now 27.5 are not. Anyone any ideas on how to achieve my goal?

Good guide overall, but I'm stuck on the part where I need to transfer the newcamd.list and mg_cfg file onto my box via filezilla, filezilla is not connecting to my box (yes I checked my ip address and put in 21 in the port, same issue with dcc too) I have a vu+ solo se v2 cable box, any ideas?

Good guide overall, but I'm stuck on the part where I need to transfer the newcamd.list and mg_cfg file onto my box via filezilla, filezilla is not connecting to my box (yes I checked my ip address and put in 21 in the port, same issue with dcc too) I have a vu+ solo se v2 cable box, any ideas?
user : root

thanks for the reply, it's all sorted. I basically downloaded the latest version of filezilla and it worked, all channels are working fine. Thank you!

Excellent guide, thank you, I intend to buy a vu+ Duo2 with dual sat and single cable tuners.

I am new to this but have spent some time reading many of the help guides and info on forums. All advice and guidance is greatly appreciated.

I don't have anything arranged for the softcams yet, but will want to set the box up anyway as soon as I get it!

Initially, to get things up and running I would like to use my sly card for ftv channels only and set up the cable side for ftv only as well. I may decide to make that my permanent setup.

What should I do with regards the content of the 2 cam files as I don't have anything to put in them yet, should I just leave them blank, ie without any data? Cheers.

Last edited:
Just reflashed my vu+ solo SE but channels not unscrambling. I think I had an issue with the mg_cfg file previously but cannot remember what I had to edit. Any assistance here?

Back