Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

On a quad tuner setup (2x cable tuner 2x sat). If I have 2 cable lines, one for each cable tuner and 1 sat line, the same line for both sat tuners. If I add the 3 lines to the file and then FTP the file across how does the box know which line to use with which tuner? Does it just work it out or do I have to put them in the order that the tuners are in the box or how does it work?

Cheers

Thanks Bees - top guide.

I am stuck though - I always manage to scan and find all VM channels, EPG working. But I get the SID not found in PAT error on every single channel!!

Any ideas? Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this but I've been following this guide, only difference is I have a box without a sky tuner. I've got the Miraclebox-Mini-Hybrid-DVB-C-T-T2 and it has Vix preinstalled. I have "Tuner A" as "Tuner A: DVB-C NIM (DVB-C) underneath that it says "Switchable tuner types:grin:VB-T2,DVB-C)" and than "Enabled" underneath that.
When I get to scan channels I get an AutoBouquetsMaker pop up with a red circle and cross that says "Timeout for tuner lock"

Earlier in the set up at "Scan additional SR" I first put 6952, I was going to change it to 6887 put than I saw another row below with the same name "Scan additional SR" so I added the 6887 there. When scanning with "Start Scan" for channels I get the same message "Timeout for tuner lock". also when it is scanning it says services 0 video - 0 radio.

Just to note aswell I have not got a line yet as I thought I'll get it ready first. I assume that I would pick up the EPG without a line wouldn't I? also I see different names mentioned for lines is it a particular type that I need or is it any?

It sounds like you have put in the wrong net id,
the symbol rate will be either 6952 or 6887 as you have mentioned.

Go into "providers" put a yes next to VM and scroll through to find your area.

It will have a number next to the area, put that in the net id, at the top of the page where you entered the symbol rate.

There is also a list here

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I think I have the correct Network ID as I took a picture of it from the Tivo Box. In providers I have put "yes" and then I have scrolled until I found my area and it has my area listed with the same Network ID next to it.

I tried to select "Automatic scan" from "Service Searching" menu but it says "ERROR - failed to scan (error starting scanning)!". Should I try "Manual scan" or "Sat finder"??

Just to note all I have plugged into the box is the Power supply, Ethernet cable, HDMI wire and a USB stick. I also don't have a line yet, but imagine that it should still pick up the channels. Do I need any of the V1rgin wires from my V1rgin box to be plugged into the miraclebox?

hi thanks for the guide

however everytime I try to follow it it seems to go well but when I try to watch sly sports or movies it just has a blank screen??
please help me out as I have been trying for 3 days now and I will soon need some sleep!!:eyes:

Great help to the community this! I just set up for the first time following this with vix image. One issue I had was setting up the crossepg following the instructions, could have been me not following guide properly or it could be the image has been updated since the guide was written but I seem to have it all working now (but its only been 1 day) by following the instructions for crossepg in the vix manual. Just wanted to mention it in case it helps anyone else :)

ok downloaded files and put n line in newcamd but only free to air are clearing?

Sorry new to the cable side of things.

Please help guys i have been trying to sought this for hours, i have been through Bees guide and an excellent guide it is.
I have VIX installed on my VU+ Ultimo with cable tuner and went through guide and can receive all SD channels, i have a test line from one of the providers on the forum and have installed as the guide but it was not a fresh install and could not receive anything on MGCAMD so put the line in CCCam and received ALL SD channels but only so HD channels eg Sky sports 1 & 2 have 0% signal & Sky sports 3 4 & 5 all work.
Could it be the wrong net Area/Net ID there seems to be 2 or 3 different Net ID's but none match Autoboquets Net ID.

Please help.

MGCAMD not working

Please help guys i have been trying to sought this for hours, i have been through Bees guide and an excellent guide it is.
I have VIX installed on my VU+ Ultimo with cable tuner and went through guide and can receive all SD channels, i have a test line from one of the providers on the forum and have installed as the guide but it was not a fresh install and could not receive anything on MGCAMD so put the line in CCCam and received ALL SD channels but only so HD channels eg Sky sports 1 & 2 have 0% signal & Sky sports 3 4 & 5 all work.
Could it be the wrong net Area/Net ID there seems to be 2 or 3 different Net ID's but none match Autoboquets Net ID.

Please help.

This problem is sorted now, it turned out to be a connection problem on the cable lead.
It all works with CCCam, all channels clearing SD & HD, but i want to use MGCAMD as preferred by the server, but when i put the files (mg_cfg & newcamd.list) in var/keys and turn on MGCAMD it doesn't work?
Any ideas anyone?

i Open Filezilla Client laptop to zgemma star h1 do just use a ethernet cable?

Last edited:
Only if.you have a patch cable your better of.connecting zgemma to.ur router and connecting to the router with the laptop

Back