"Guide to pay servers - clines - nlines - sea lions - Do's and Don'ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

satmanUK

TK Veteran
Ok well i know a lot of people come on this site and are always looking for pay servers for their boxes and there is no real guide here to say what to look for.

So this is IMHO of what should be looked for from 3 years knowledge of using one.

ok so your looking for a "gift" ( now common named ) or sea line (cline)

First off the basics:

1. Should have positive feedback from people that can give you feedback of their services ( some servers are openly posted on a few well known sites, or are underground for word of month connections only)
  2. IMHO should have whats is called "locals" this to the Lehman is has "real subscription cards in a card reader server". There is a lot of servers out there that are just resellers and have no cards whatsoever and rely on connections to multiple servers via lines or cache. ( they may be good or not, but feedback from £30 a year sites have proven most go down or glitch a lot)
  3. To offer a 24 test or at lease if you buy a sub and time frame on refunds.
  4. Support via email/skype in a timely fashion ( we don't want to wait 24 hrs for a simple reply on help ) Some will offer teamviewer but may charge
  5. A break down or a site or even a email telling us what channels we can get for our money. A lot of servers don't offer PPV or xxx as a norm ( IMHO the ones who do don't have cards as this would costs 100`s of pounds a day to order all the PPV movies and are connected to loads of other servers who do )
  6. To offer discount on long term subs or a lot of boxes. ( please note some honest servers wont do more then a year sub and some only offer monthly subs to stop people complaining if gone within 6 months )
  7. PING times for the connection. ( this is both parties, you and them. We know a 2mb line min is needed for a connection to receive , even seen a 3g dongle used ) Anything over 250ms ping may give you glitches.
  8. Price for a good server? To me i started 2 years ago paying £20 a month and £120 a year. But prices have lowered, but think people a low low price does`nt mean a good server and to be honest sounds like to me that will be over sub-scripted . Do research and test a few at diff costs

To be honest we all say this but again BUY CHEAP GET CHEAP. This is to do with both boxes and servers

DONT BUY 24 OR 36 MONTH 100% GUARANTEED GIFTS

A small break down for you about costs:

To get every channel from sky and plus the third party add-ons is a lot of money each month ( over £200 )
Add to this a PPV movie each hour per day and you can see now on how much it really is to subscript to get channels via a dish

People don't seem to understand on all sites what the third party add on channels are, they are the following:

bt sports and espn
boxnation
Asian channels ( all 12 or so of them, they are from 3 diff companies. zeetv, b4u and geo)
Adult channels ( again 2 diff companies, playboy and redhot )
nollywood
setanta
racing channel
pub channel

( may of missed more )

Also in the the UK, you cant sub to rte1,setanta from a sky uk card.

As from the other side of the coin, you the buyer of a box MUST do research!! as a lot of boxes on the market have to have up keep done monthly.
By this i mean as in channel lists move a lot.
So you have to update your channels list or fav list and cant always keep saying to a server or a site " my channels are scrambled or no signal / tune failed " .

Always check your own equipment before posting on a site or contacting a server. 9/10 a simple reboot of a box solves problems.

I hope my honest opinion helps and will add more when we get feedback

ADDED FEEDBACK
THANKS TO MIKE123

another thing to point out it is unlikley that you would get a glitch free service on a skybox now matter how good the server is. so if you can afford it go for the vu range. or a blade box.

update:

feedback from a few people i deal with on here:

IF YOU RUDE TO A SERVER OR REFUSE TO REMOVE TEST LINES, THEN YOU MAYBE NAMED AND SHAMED ON THIS BOARD. (THIS IS FOR ANYONE I PASS TO A FRIEND)

IF A SERVER HAS TAKEN TIME OUT TO HELP YOU SET UP A TEST, PLEASE RESPECT HIM BY REMOVING ANY LINES AFTER TESTS.

A SERVER FRIEND OF MINE SAYS THERE IS A USER ON HERE WHO HAS SAID 3 TIMES HAS REMOVED THE TEST LINE AND IS STILL CONNECTED AND GOT VERY RUDE ON EMAIL WHEN WAS PROVEN HE HAD NOT REMOVED LINE AND AFTER 3 DAYS STILL NOT REMOVED IT.

Last edited:
this is a very good post satman. as we know all this info can be found by doing a little research. the trouble is people look at a £50 a year sub and think bargin. another thing to point out it is unlikley that you would get a glitch free service on a skybox now matter how good the server is. so if you can afford it go for the vu range. or a blade box.

Last edited:
Hi Satman,

The reason i'm here is because my friend told me he got a skybox on a popular auction site with gift for under 100. Everything on the site seems to suggest that this isnt possible with a good service. Would you agree with that?

Also i'm very new to this and dont want to screw up. Ive been looking around forums. And i notice on another forum there are paid servers and free servers. Whats the difference in terms of service exactly?

Sorry if thats a stupid question.

Thanks

Tom

Tom
Free prob means very glitchy and I've seen f5s with year sub for £99 and they work most of the time but normally can be over subbed servers or can be very well set up with seven or more servers as one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have stickied it but if this turns into a "my server" thread It will be removed.

I don't want any mention or comparison of servers as it only ends up in arguments and I don't want to see anyone discussing their own server in any way.

Nice tutorial.

I'm watching :spy:

Tom
Free prob means very glitchy and I've seen f5s with year sub for £99 and they work most of the time but normally can be over subbed servers or can be very well set up with seven or more servers as one

Thanks Satman that makes sense. Best thing i can do i suppose is go and have a look at my mates.

i dont know if you can see it on a skybox. however, on a vu box if it is a decent server it will say hop 1. if they are using real cards.

Wrong mike123 some on cccam 2.1.3 can fake using a 256 trick. Also hop2 can be real as they send their server to a vps for security

did not realise never used Cccam. always used Mgcam and i was informed unless it is a hop 1 get rid of it. i stand corrected if i am wrong.

another thing to point out it is unlikley that you would get a glitch free service on a skybox now matter how good the server is. so if you can afford it go for the vu range. or a blade box.[/QUOTE]

Granted the upper market boxes are better built and on a whole better but i dont think theres an issue of glitch/freezing with a genuine skybox and a good server.

Last edited:
If I have a PC a home and share to you that's hop1. If I share from my PC to a vps to you . It may show hop2. Hop3 can be a PC to vps to another server.

I have even seen a vu with a card sharing to a PC show as hop3 when should be hop2

Shockingly I have seen servers with hop6 and work ok

If I have a PC a home and share to you that's hop1. If I share from my PC to a vps to you . It may show hop2. Hop3 can be a PC to vps to another server.

I have even seen a vu with a card sharing to a PC show as hop3 when should be hop2

Shockingly I have seen servers with hop6 and work ok

card on different hop not matter all is depend on good setup & that gives to you by ur service provider.
there is a way if u share pc home to vps card is on hop1 if u share further from vps to another server card is remain on hop1 if that server add cline or nline in his box then card is still on hop1 now if box owner wana share further he can do to and his mates get that card on hop1 so leave dis hope1,2,3 matter

why server problems
most time becauz of fake local owners u get problems like freez or few channels missing most time on same acess nline or cline.

Last edited:
i have both a skybox and a vu solo. using the same server. the vu in the living room never glitches what so ever,apart from extreme weather conditions.the sky box upstairs although not a lot when the football is on can glitch once or twice during a match. and the skybox is more sensative to weather conditions.

---------- Post Merged at 09:21 AM ----------

i have both a skybox and a vu solo. using the same server. the vu in the living room never glitches what so ever,apart from extreme weather conditions.the sky box upstairs although not a lot when the football is on can glitch once or twice during a match. and the skybox is more sensative to weather conditions.

skybox

am running on a skybox f5s no probs whatso ever runs brill good times this is a replacement for dreambox easy to use and set up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back