Guinea Pigs Needed

Has anyone got round to trying my install from scratch tutorial yet. Interested in feed back.

I tried your tutorial last night, it worked great and was easy to follow, I used the slyk 1hd skin. The only thing I need help with is when you put the box into standby the clock disappears this also happened when I was using mt_pockets image and done a software update.

maybe its just set to off as default. When ever you install a new image or backup image, you should go through every menu and settings and personalise your box how you want it, not how somebody else thinks you want it.

maybe its just set to off as default. When ever you install a new image or backup image, you should go through every menu and settings and personalise your box how you want it, not how somebody else thinks you want it.

I tried every setting that I could and I couldn't find anything to turn the clock back on, that's why I was asking for help just to see if anybody had found a solution to this.

sorry about that I edited the text and not the link attached to it. Should be working again now, honest

I just downloaded zgemma.i only got an openbox yesterday sorted out how to install free gift after asking for idiots guide it only took me two hours I think the guy I bought from is now in a mental ward so I will give this a try

I just downloaded zgemma.i only got an openbox yesterday sorted out how to install free gift after asking for idiots guide it only took me two hours I think the guy I bought from is now in a mental ward so I will give this a try

Lmfao

hi, any H2s owners had success using one of these setup guides and can tell me which one to use please?....from what i can tell some or all don`t work on the H2s model??
but i`m also reading that setup is the same for all zgemma models across the range?
and do i need to go the atv or the vix route??....my brother-inlaw set his 2s up on vix with little problem on sucmnsee`s guide but came to set my H2s up yesterday and hit problems straight away,
we are both noobs and want to make sure we/i are starting in the right place so any problems can be sorted without realising we`re following the wrong guide or using the wrong files from the start.
thank you.

ok thank you...sorry i was`nt sure where to ask exactly and was wanting to get started from the right place,
thank you again.

---------- Post Merged at 01:29 PM ----------

....we were having problems even getting files to flash on boot by usb then realised needed to press standby on startup...screen changed from atv to vix but got an error message,
do i just use this other file and flash over top of previous as it were??...sorry total noob and don`t want to cock it up before i get going.
thank you.

Last edited:
As dsayer says, you need a h.2s image for your h.2s. An S2 images won't work as it has slightly different inner workings.

My guide outlines setting up from scratch if you want to go down that route without using a pre-made backup image.
I would recommend using a pre-made backup image until you have a bit of an idea of what you are doing.

My guide is a useful read though as it outlines various steps required, their is some troubleshooting sections in there, it informs you how to transfer files to your box etc.

There are lots of different guides in this forum. Read them all as they are all slightly different. You will then have a clearer understanding of everything.

We don't mind helping anyone as long as you have at least done a bit of homework.

ok no problem...i do read but it`s generally over my head and does`nt sink in for the most part (same with pc`s)...i`ll probs get brother-inlaw to do it,
i`m probs not bright or confident enough really,
thank you.

Last edited:
Back