Guinea Pigs Needed

Sorry but I do not know what a gift is, I bought the box complete with it. Can you please tell me what it is and how to copy it. Regards

Sorry but I do not know what a gift is, I bought the box complete with it. Can you please tell me what it is and how to copy it. Regards

Your gift is the Cccam.cfg that allows you to connect your box to the pay view channels (sly1, sly sports). You will have to connect you ftp client (filezilla) to your box, you will find it in usr/keys on your box then just transfer it to your laptop, when you put a new image on just transfer it back to your box. You should always keep a copy of your Cccam file on your laptop for backup.

If you read my guide there is actually a full section in it that informs you of how to backup your existing line. But there is a very old rule. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:
Awesome guide, mate. I just did a fresh install of OpenATV 5.1 on my Star 2s to see what it was like and with your guide it was a doddle. I've done a full backup of Mt's image just in case I don't get on with it, but it all looks good so far. I'll be setting up my mate's missus's new H2S from scratch soon and now I feel really confident about doing it. Muchas gracias, mi amigo! :)

The funny thing is that guide was just a beta draft. I was meant to be the ground work for a proper guide. But everyone seems happy with it as is.

i installed filezilla on laptop and got ip inputted into filezilla so we all connected.went into usr -> keys and seen files that were all samples or examples in brackets i only altered the mg_cfg and the newcamd.list uploaded but nothing is working any suggestions please guys.my nline is working as my family all got similar ones.

Dont do anything to mg_cfg. Just newcamd.list. look in tools for fresh sample files

Ok muk il have a look tomorrow I was confusing myself in the end so im going back at it tomorrow,the n line is throwing me I've read that an n line starts with cws rather than n?iI thought an n line was n.

What format did ur supplier send ur line in?

---------- Post Merged at 09:18 PM ----------

You would be better re flashing so all settings and files are how they should be.

yeah i was thinking that it came as an n. but ive read change it to CWS = i dont know why.

just out of curiosity compared to the my previous f5s, epgs etc, can be downloaded directly through the H.2S was wondering if there was already a quick download of software etc.

soz if i sound like a complete noob who sounds way out of his depth but normally i can have a little mooch on yootoobe for tutorials but there arnt any.ROFL

Last edited:
Send DiSEqc – yes/nodepending whether you have a motorised dish or not

Have just read thru' you Guide and think I will be able to set up with it, not 'til the New Year though. The only problem I have is, I have a fixed dish so what do I enter for the Send DISEqc.

A Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all. Thanks for all your help.

Just to confuse you.. Actually I always have mine set to yes now after that bug a few months ago that was blacking out tuner a. It should really be set to no for static dish, but it doesn't do any harm setting it to yes. Either/or. It doesn't matter. It only matters if you have motorised dish then it definitely has to be set to yes.

Just to confuse you.. Actually I always have mine set to yes now after that bug a few months ago that was blacking out tuner a. It should really be set to no for static dish, but it doesn't do any harm setting it to yes. Either/or. It doesn't matter. It only matters if you have motorised dish then it definitely has to be set to yes.

Thanks Kiddac and Nogle

I am in the process of re-writing this today. Restructuring it. Adding a few images. Amending a few sections. Putting all the links into a dropbox folder.

Has anyone that's tried it got on input on it.

Any problems.
Any thing that was confusing.
What needs to be additionally included.

etc etc

the only thing that comes top mind, was that the setting for autoboquets should be set to "area" custom (not HD or SD)

this may have been amended ( i used the walkthrough a while ago)

Back