H.2H Signal poor on some channels

dale1983

Hi Guys

This may have been posted before but is anyone else having signal issues with this this box using cable?

Channel 4HD most the time is unwatchable. Currently I've got no signal at all on this channel yet others seem fine. I've got two of these boxes and it's the same problem with both yet my H5.2tc boxes work perfectly with high signal levels -

H5.2tc :
SNR = 70
AGC = 95

H.2H
SNR = 57
AGC = 7

On Channel 4HD - the SNR and AGC are both 0% currently on the H.2H.

Anyone else had the same issue?

Cheers

I think the tuners in the H5.2TC are a bit stronger hence it getting a better signal - if you've got multiple devices including 3 zgemma boxes connected then you will most likely need a powered splitter to improve your signal level.

Hi Ste

I removed all devices so just one H.2h running but still the same issue. Any recommendations on a powered splitter. Anyone else had to use one for the same issue?

Thanks again.

I'm using a tratec splitter with WF100 cables connected to router and box. I've tried a spare Tratec splitter but made no difference.

Try a short piece of cable straight from the wall to one of the boxes to see what the signal is like when it's just connected to the one box.

It's already set up that way mate. The box on wall is right next to the Zgemma and router. There's no change in signal levels when I have only one box running.

I've got 4 boxes in total (only 2 connected at one time). I recently ordered 2 x H5.2tc to replace my 2 x H.2H. I was planning on selling my H.2H boxes to a friend but I'm now worried about doing this due to the signal issue in both boxes.

Maybe there's an issue with the SNR in the cabinet - can you check signal levels on your router.

Definitely a weird one mate. I'd put it down to a faulty box if it was just happening to just one h.2h - but it's the same problem on both boxes.

Could you get your exact net id from a genuine tivo box - either your old one if you have one or a friend / neighbour / relative who lives pretty local.

Hi Ste - I've already confirmed the netid is correct. It's just seems odd that the h5.2tc works perfectly.

I'm going to flash the H2H boxes with a different image later to see if that makes any difference.

Like I said most channels work perfectly. channel 4hd is most affected. Sky Sports News Hd is sometimes glitchy.

Anyone else had similar issues with this box? I'm pulling my hair out.

I have used the H2.H for months up until a few weeks ago when I got the H5.2TC - never had a problem with either.

Only thing I haven't tried is flashing with a different image which I'll try this evening. I'll report back once done.

Update:

Flashed with a different image. Made no difference to SNR. Channel 4HD is virtually unwatchable - glitchy like crazy.

Sky Sports News HD - SNR 57% glitching frequently - as are some of the HD movie channels.

Most channels are at 72% and glitch free.

Hi Guys

This may have been posted before but is anyone else having signal issues with this this box using cable?

Channel 4HD most the time is unwatchable. Currently I've got no signal at all on this channel yet others seem fine. I've got two of these boxes and it's the same problem with both yet my H5.2tc boxes work perfectly with high signal levels -

H5.2tc :
SNR = 70
AGC = 95

H.2H
SNR = 57
AGC = 7

On Channel 4HD - the SNR and AGC are both 0% currently on the H.2H.

Anyone else had the same issue?

Cheers

if on 0% suggest nothing on that transponder,back to netid again lol as you not said where and what you use.

Back