H.2H Signal poor on some channels

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the exact same problem with Channel 4HD, now and then with ITV HD, all rest are perfect.

I still think it's down to area ID ... if you're unsure, try and get the net id from a genuine tivo box owned by yourself or a friend / neighbour / relative who lives very close to you.

I don't think the area in ABM matters too much - I think this is just to give you localised regional channel.. the main thing is to have the correct net id in tuner config.

I still think it's down to area ID ... if you're unsure, try and get the net id from a genuine tivo box owned by yourself or a friend / neighbour / relative who lives very close to you.

I don't think the area in ABM matters too much - I think this is just to give you localised regional channel.. the main thing is to have the correct net id in tuner config.

Ste, you say that the main thing is to have the correct NetID in Tuner configuration ? like I said previously my full NetID is: 40973 131.000. In tuner config it only allows you to add the first 5 digits which is the same as ABM. So unless you can point us in the right direction - the full correct NetID cannot be added as you say.

From a neighbor's TiVo box. You cant add anything different in Tuner configuration to what you add in ABM with regards to NetID.

This is how i've got mine in tuner config...

mqyxKud.jpg

Same as
This is how i've got mine in tuner config...

mqyxKud.jpg
Same as mine. Which is no different to using ABM and adding your provider as 40965 (Knowsley 1).

Which either way you do it - you end up adding the same information so it's not going make any difference to the signal issues we are incurring.

I'm racking my brain thinking of things to try... do you have a VM white box in any other rooms?

Was the installation already at the property when you moved in? if so, I wonder if there's been a splitter placed inside the brown box outside which could be affecting anything.

It's very strange that both boxes have been affected and your power levels are fine.

Are you connected to anything else as well as the router? if so, i'd say plug it straight into the router and test again and if it's within tolerance, yes - a powered splitter may help but if it's the same with the wire plugged straight into the modem then give VM a call and tell them to check your levels as they're below tolerance.
No not connected to anything else thats just router direct im getting them levels so you reckon if i call virgin and complain about the levels will they do anything about it? My internet seems to work fine so what excuse shall i give them

No idea if yours is the same as mine but here's a video of what mine does alot, my VM is 3ft cable to the wall and everything's on the right settings also tried 3 different servers to make sure

No idea if yours is the same as mine but here's a video of what mine does alot, my VM is 3ft cable to the wall and everything's on the right settings also tried 3 different servers to make sure

What signal levels are you getting on Channel4hd?

don't know if my problem is related to all others,
But i have had a similar problem over the last week with chan4HD.
i Bought a new splitter and played about with the connection, and all as been ok for the past two days.
I assumed it was just me but my problems were almost the same as yours.
My current 4hd signal is 69%

No not connected to anything else thats just router direct im getting them levels so you reckon if i call virgin and complain about the levels will they do anything about it? My internet seems to work fine so what excuse shall i give them

Just tell them you've had a pc health check and it's been noticed that downstream power levels are below tolerance and see what they say - they will probably say they will get an engineer to look into it .

those members with this same problem could they not pm each other as to who they bought line off? I suspect it's a server problem and not signal related at all

those members with this same problem could they not pm each other as to who they bought line off? I suspect it's a server problem and not signal related at all

They could but each problem gives 2 different results - problems with servers give freezing whereas problems with signal levels / tuner setup give pixellation / picture distorsion.

Back