H.2H Signal poor on some channels

just wait and see I have a problem with 4HD and other chnls but know it's a server issue because of a certain reason I'm not willing to go into.

They could but each problem gives 2 different results - problems with servers give freezing whereas problems with signal levels / tuner setup give pixellation / picture distorsion.

Was a signal problem for me, as it dropped to 0% going up and down.
pixellation and channel loss,also noticed the same problem on TMC HD channel.
All good now

Phoned up virgin they did agree with me and said levels are low they should be between -6 and +10 as you said mate and they Will send an engineer on Tuesday to fix the problem fingers crossed they solve the issue

I get the SNR of 53 and AGC 8 on CH4 HD, SM Greats and some other channels. No glitchs at those levels but I know it's definitely a signal issue since adding a 3dB attenuator causes glitches on those specific channels even though the SNR reading stays the same.

Using a TAP instead of a standard splitter increases the SNR to 60 but ADC stays at 8. However that is not the best solution since the Cable modem upstream level jumps to the borderline 54dB from the original 49dB and DS levels drop to -3dB from the original +3dB.

Last edited:
Similar scenario for me. Same VM feed, splitter (orig left by VM engineer) , line and line provider. H2H is glitch free on ITV1 HD but when switched to H52TC ITV1 HD is glitch crazy. Is the duel cable in the H52TC (internally split) some how weakening the signal?

Back