H.2H Standby Issue

Pelham1878

Alright fellas,

Done a flash for a friend on his box and installed IPTV. All was well and the box is working fine but now when left on standby overnight it doesn't turn on in the morning via the power button on the remote. To get it up and running again he has to turn it off at the back and then on again and reboot it....then all is fine. It then turns on and off via standby as normal, but when left on standby overnight again the same issue......any ideas......? Are there any settings that could cause this that I can alter.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Pelham.

Maybe possible it’s something to do with timers.... check them by going to

Menu>timers>powertimers

Delete or edit them if anything appears untoward?

Haven’t experienced this issue personally so don’t quote me on it being the problem.

what build do you have installed on it
Hi Grog,

It's your build mate, I installed it about 2 weeks ago so it's fairly up to date. It's only running IPTV and was working alright until a week or so ago. I asked him if he'd accidentally altered anything but he says not.

Regards,

Pelham.

It could be an issue with abm or epg importer that runs early each morning, get him to disable the daily updates as below and see if that solves it. tbh if just using for iptv he probably doesn't need abm to run daily anyway.

ABM - Press the menu button and select Setup -> Service Searching -> Autobouquetsmaker -> configure and change 'Schedule scan' to no and then press the green button. now press the exit button a few times to return to tv picture

epg importer - press the green button and select epg importerand change 'Automatic import EPG' to disable and then press the green button. Now press exit once to return to tv picture

Just thought also....

If you are using EPG REFRESH I noticed there is another menu in there called SETTINGS

Inside is an Option to automatically shutdown after the scheduled refresh...

If you turn the option off, it should stay in normal standby once refreshed.

I'm having an issue on the latest grog build also.
Flashed one of my boxes last week with the grogbbuild and all working g sweet.
When left in standby over night, it's only the fta channels that clear. Have to hold power button then restart to bring channels back.
I know it's an easy fix and not too much hastle.
But it's not so easy for my eight year old daughter or the wife. Even though I have walked them through the fix.
Any ideas?

Tia Davie

I'm having an issue on the latest grog build also.
Flashed one of my boxes last week with the grogbbuild and all working g sweet.
When left in standby over night, it's only the fta channels that clear. Have to hold power button then restart to bring channels back.
I know it's an easy fix and not too much hastle.
But it's not so easy for my eight year old daughter or the wife. Even though I have walked them through the fix.
Any ideas?

Tia Davie

reflash the box with the updated build, not the one you downloaded last week :(y):

Back