H2H Bricked?

Bully1987

Hi all, been using a build from iPab for about 6 months, however discovered early on if I turn it off, the box just stops working and I have to reflash. No issue with that although not ideal.

So I have moved my box, Mrs wanted to rearrange the living room and obv I just thought, time to reflash.

Come to do it and I'm getting nowhere.

I have tried 3 different USB sticks of 2gb/4gb/16gb in size, LL formatted them beforehand, put the build on, tried OpenATV to overwrite the flash, and go back, tried BioHead from here just a few minutes ago

I get FLSH, and follow instructions to remove USB and turn off and on, have also tried just removing and I'm just stuck with a 100 quid box (at the time) that is just to me seems to be corrupt? or dead?

Anybody got any advice? Tricks? Or anywhere I can take it in the East Mids to be looked at?

Cheers in advance
Bully

ok, check and double check all cables at back, is power supply ok?
lan?
cable input?
is lan cable from ZG to router firmly in?

power box off at the wall for a minute and put usb stick in then power on and re-try

So, originally, you flashed the box but when you turned it off and turned it back on, it just said "BOOT" on the front?

So, originally, you flashed the box but when you turned it off and turned it back on, it just said "BOOT" on the front?
Correct, so had left it on the last 6 months. Absolutely no issues performance wise.

I have checked the cables, tried building it with nothing other than the power lead in too.
Tried OpenVix too since, same result. I know USBs are fine as used them before.

Might just have to bite the bullet and buy something new, maybe an i55

try leaving the usb stick in while it reboots and then once booted switch it out for the usb you use for recording etc.

Back