H2h connection help

derekj37

Hi folks looking for advice set up a mates h2h the other day via splitter etc but it took alot of bandwidth away freecing the zgemma in another room once connected download speed was 1.39 and upload 3.12 ping 67 after it got disconnected it went upto 52.53 download and 3.07 upload ping 23 does anyone have any ideas why? Av got a zgemma upstairs a h5 downstairs and normal vm box running and mines runs fine just wondering what i might of done wrong

Got a picture of the splitter that's being used? ... should ideally be Technetix 5-1000mhz

Its all new connections and cables mate, set up same as i did mine and mines is fine thats why am scratching ma head lol

the splitter could be a duffer, it's really better to use a tratec splitter as Ste said, these are the ones that VM themselves use.

You wouldn't think it would make a lot of difference, prepare to be surprised, even with a top quality splitter mentioned above, you lose a percentage of the signal, with cheap imitations you lose even more

Its no letting me send a picture mate its a 5-2400 from maplin

I've seen a few people in the past have issues with splitters from maplin - seems hit and miss... I have used the Labgear ones from Screwfix before and fortunately, they have all been fine but the best is the Technetix 5-1000mhz ones.

So would I need a splitter if a got a h2h for my vm cable ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you only have the internet, you will need to split the signal... take a look at my cable receiver faq which should help to answer a lot of your concerns.

Back