H2H Freezing on certain channels

Well I feel your pain... almost everything has been ruled out.

One last thing, you said you’ve been selling zgemmas... if you’ve set them up, did they have the same issue at your house?

If not and yours is.... could be a tuner fault on your box.

Have you tried your box at someone else’s house to test it?

ive sold them and they all work elsewhere haha, I see your point so its coming back to signal issue im sure. but I don't get it because the tiro works and up down stream are good, its strange

It might not be a signal issue on your lines as everything has been checked even by VM...

It could your Zgemma is faulty.

Try it at someone else’s house, if you get the same result then there’s the answer?

ive taken the tiro offline a day or two ago as I nicked the cable off it to test on zgemma aswel hahahaha :)

I'm unsure why you're laughing
you have a problem, and the guys here are trying to help you,
and, to be perfectly honest, I'm not personally convinced you have eliminated you hardware set-up,
I think you have randomly changed things over with no method and have just answered 'already tried that' to many suggestions. only my opinion though

EDIT : so if you've been setting up loads of boxes, your cables could have become deteriorated due to continual plugging in and out

With VM to stronger signal can be as bad as to weak a signal zgemma's don't like strong signal's

Steptoe your opinion is wrong im sorry and if I done laugh ill cry its driving me mad, ive got a lounge full of cables here if you need a photo and continuously though this post ive thanked everybody over and over again so I don't know what your reading but I can assure you your wrong.

thanks again

Ever tried a non zgemma receiver on your setup or know anyone local to you with a non zgemma e2 receiver to try?

I agree with dave100

Can you confirm as to my question earlier if there is a attenuator on the line?

It will be a small rectangle box type attachement on your wire either the TiVo wire or BB

If there is, it would suggest high signal and as such VM are cutting down the DB to combat it.

TiVo could be fine with high signal but Zgemma could be affected

Nowt wrong with trying to help steptoe bud and your advice is normally as sound as a pound. Helped me out on plenty of occasions

I'm glad you think so bud, and I'm glad to have been able to help someone out in any little way,
I'm pretty new to all this E2 stuff, and cable/VM in particular,
I'm fairly good at the hardware stuff, its the software that I get lost with

The laugh is from a person on the edge I reckon schizo arch villain stylee, the zgemma would be air rifle practice by now if it was me. How you haven't thrown a complete wobbly by now I don't know.

I see, I did have a little adaptor in the past it said 6db on it but that was a year or so ago and the bloke removed it when he added the new tivo box. but thats a good idea ill see if I can find somebody with an alternative box that could be used to test it. its killing me now and my wife wants me to pay a normal sub :( I want to get this sorted I do love the setup its very strange this issue. again thank you all so much ive used so much of your time so far.

Steptoe your opinion is wrong im sorry and if I done laugh ill cry its driving me mad, ive got a lounge full of cables here if you need a photo and continuously though this post ive thanked everybody over and over again so I don't know what your reading but I can assure you your wrong.

thanks again

doesnt matter how many cables you have if they are crap,
I have a bin full of crap cables that i weigh in, most are VM supplied,
as I said in another post, very doubtful anyone on here has any means to test them,
I have a cheapo [ sub £1000 tester ] but it wont test the proper capacitance of the cables, which is what is really needed,

I see, I did have a little adaptor in the past it said 6db on it but that was a year or so ago and the bloke removed it when he added the new tivo box. but thats a good idea ill see if I can find somebody with an alternative box that could be used to test it. its killing me now and my wife wants me to pay a normal sub :( I want to get this sorted I do love the setup its very strange this issue. again thank you all so much ive used so much of your time so far.

So at some point then you’ve had too much “noise” on the line so they lowered it by 6 decibels...

I’d suggest getting one of those attached back on the line and see what happens. Noise can be created by adding additional wires to the setup.

So virgin sabotaged your feeds by the sound of it and as other guys mentioned for the sake of a few quid for an attenuator it has to be worth a roll of the dice
Please feel free to ignore adrilang beat me to it

So virgin sabotaged your feeds by the sound of it and as other guys mentioned for the sake of a few quid for an attenuator it has to be worth a roll of the dice

May have removed it purposely incase they decided to get an unauthorised box as in this case?

That is very cynical but I wouldn't put it past them. After all as long as their supplied kit works you can't ring up and say do you mind I am trying to nick your tv or get it at a price it's actually worth

Back