Cable H2H glitch problems

steveiaga

Hi all so have got a new h2h installed all fine I am having issues with picture/glitches it's on both free to air and V M everything seems be connected fine and signal is okayISH only thing down is AGC and db level about 35.0-37db not sure if that's right too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc200342780210194ec5d6d5d30ce502.jpg

Signal pic here

Disconnect any splitters and your modem so the h2h is the only thing attached to the line. The signal should improve. If it does and the glitching stops then then signal with everything connected is on the weak side. Try another splitter. Have it in mind the h2h tuner is not the most sensitive it needs a decent incoming feed.

the few FTA ok? Try another line before you go digging further into signal issues

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

No the free to air is the same also. I removed the C line and internet connection and still same too

This seems just too common on h2h boxes though. Is there another box you can try or try it at a friend who is working fine?

This seems just too common on h2h boxes though. Is there another box you can try or try it at a friend who is working fine?

A guy has offered to loan me a a USB tuner to try that and see if it works on it. I'm fit to throw this box off a cliff at this stage [emoji86]

Could it be the 36db causing issues? As satellite signal all fine and at 17-19db if I remember correctly

Quite a few of the H2H boxes have this glitching issue - partly to do with the weak tuner in the box and possibly the fact that VM also reduce signal throughput at the box in the street. Edison Boxes have stronger tuners and don't glitch or the konig signal booster solves the problem but it is an extra cost but worth the money. If you are on VM broadband - log into your router and check the signal strength - you will most definitely find it is below -5db which is not strong enough for the channels that are glitchy

Quite a few of the H2H boxes have this glitching issue - partly to do with the weak tuner in the box and possibly the fact that VM also reduce signal throughput at the box in the street. Edison Boxes have stronger tuners and don't glitch or the konig signal booster solves the problem but it is an extra cost but worth the money. If you are on VM broadband - log into your router and check the signal strength - you will most definitely find it is below -5db which is not strong enough for the channels that are glitchy

but why would the signal on the h2h be 36 db would that mean its too strong then?

Just to update here was the weak tuner in the box causing the issues! I picked up a amplifier after work today as suggested by "kilohydro" and worked straight off thanks all

hi if if helps i have a h2h and i get the excat same prob, i have to mess about wwith my cable going into it kind od have to kink it up, i think the tuners are not that good in these boxes

Just to update here was the weak tuner in the box causing the issues! I picked up a amplifier after work today as suggested by "kilohydro" and worked straight off thanks all

Will you be able to send a screenshot of your signal status from your router so I can compare. Up until a few weeks ago I've started to have glitchy issues on all my channels including the free ones.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back