H2H Glitching Questions

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions about glitching, so i have my H2H setup working apart from glitching issues. I currently have a 5-2400mhz Splitter, which i know is not ideal, i have a 5-1000mhz on order that should be arriving tomorrow. I am not getting any glitching on the FTA channels just the paid ones, would the splitter be causing this problem or is this likely to be my nline?

Also does it make a big difference where the cable is split, i have split it just before the router as ideally i don't want another cable running through my front room if i split it where it 1st enters the house if this makes sense?

Thanks

John

Glitching is a really hard one to solve - it could be one or more of many reasons - try changing the splitter first and take from there - depends on how bad the glitching is and how many channels it affects. I would say once you get to a stage where you can live with it then keep it there. Otherwise you will be forever changing one thing or another.

Change the splitter to a tratec one, don't use cheap not known branded ones off fleabay.
Make sure all connections are good using decent copper core cable not the copper clad cheap stuff.
Ethernet wire direct to receiver.
Reboot your modem/router on a regular basis say once a month.
This should limit your problems.
Try other test lines.
If all else fails learn how to use oscam and put 2 sat subs in and 2 cable subs in then enjoy.
Even doing all this there is still the possibility of a glitch it can never be 100% foolproof.

So today i have changed the splitter to a tratec one, and tested a know good nline. I am still having bad glitching issues,the strange thing is some channels are perfect and don't glitch. So Sky sports 3 and 5 are perfect but 1,2 and 4 glitch. BT sports 1 glitches but BT sports 2 is perfect and the same for the movie channels, some are fine and some glitch. This is exactly the same for both nlines.

Any ideas?

Turn the VM "super rubbish" hub into modem mode and buy yourself a decent wireless router.
Works a treat for me ;-)

Re DNS, in network, take off dhcp and should let you change DNS to Google 8888 8844. Worth a try. Did yurt m you reset hub? Have a router can try if change it to modem mode?

Re DNS, in network, take off dhcp and should let you change DNS to Google 8888 8844. Worth a try. Did yurt m you reset hub? Have a router can try if change it to modem mode?

So change the settings on the zgemma box? i have switched the hub on and off numerous times or should i do a factory reset? unfortunately i dont have another router to try

Personally I would invest in a good setup, VM hub in modem mode decent quality router, all Ethernet wired. Then enjoy watching TV ;-)

So change the settings on the zgemma box? i have switched the hub on and off numerous times or should i do a factory reset? unfortunately i dont have another router to try

Try a simple reset from the back of it for now then

---------- Post Merged at 09:25 AM ----------

You tried another line didn't you?

Try a simple reset from the back of it for now then

---------- Post Merged at 09:25 AM ----------

You tried another line didn't you?

yea i have tried 2 different lines with exactly the same result, just trying a reboot and factory reset on the hub now

---------- Post Merged at 09:42 AM ----------

And yes you can't change dns servers on vm hubs but can change to googles say on the Zgemma....

So if i disable the use dhcp in the network settings of the zgemma, which setting do i change to 8888 8844, is it the ip address, netmask or gateway?

---------- Post Merged at 09:45 AM ----------

Wifey would castrate me if i spent that much on a router:)

Back