H2H Glitching Questions

Yes 8888 then 8844.

So you've requested tests, changed using filezilla for A day or 2 then put old once back in again???

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Yes 8888 then 8844.

So you've requested tests, changed using filezilla for A day or 2 then put old once back in again???

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that and yes, swapped line using filezilla but made no difference to channels I was experiencing the glitching on.

Can anyone help, my Zgemma h2s stops every hour on the hour for about 7 seconds, could it be a setting I've got wrong on my box

Experiencing glitching with the H2H. I've bought a tv booster and put it in between the cable box and the router so there's a feed for the router and then the Zgemma but the router is not working now just a green light when it should've white. Am I doing something wrong?

I ended up getting the basic TiVo package for £7pm, engineer installed it today and I switched the boxes after he left, working great now. I don't mind paying the £7 in return of all the channels tbh and i thought it would be a lot safer and avoid any incorrect installing to send any interference signals back to the main box in the street. I am really impressed with the quality of the picture on the box, just need an external HDD now to enable recording etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you point me in the direction of this package as I can't see it

My glitching is wierd. i dont get any on sports hd or movies hd. Wife tries to watch 5usa and it stutters like Norman Collier ( if you remember him)
I have a h2h and sh3.
5usa is an sd channel btw

My glitching is wierd. i dont get any on sports hd or movies hd. Wife tries to watch 5usa and it stutters like Norman Collier ( if you remember him)
I have a h2h and sh3.
5usa is an sd channel btw
Some Servers are set up to prioritize the "big" channels, unfortunately some of the less well known channels suffer.
Maybe try a different server that uses "local cards"

when you say do 8888 then 8844 on dns do you mean just on fileserver 1 or put 8888 on filserver1 and 8844 on fileserver2?

I'm also experiencing glitching on my H2H running Biohead's image, including on some FTA channels (some channels are fine, BBC is ok, C4 and Pick are glitching badly, SS1 glitching, BT S2 HD fine).

I have a cable going directly from the box coming in to the property to the back of the H2H, so no splitter in place (although it comes in from a shared roof space that I can't access so can't be sure if there's one at the box). Another cable coming in goes directly to a superhub 3 and I have a wired ethernet running from the back of the superhub to the H2H. I have tried a separate line provider and have the same issues so it's probably not related to that. It seems to get a lot worse when running a speedtest which I don't quite understand, however maybe a clue for someone more knowledgeable? Softcam is mgcamd.

Signal finder on the H2H is showing 50.0dB, SNR at 117%, AGC at 8% and BER at 0. I've tried fitting a 8dB forward path equaliser that I had from a previous setup on the off chance it helped however it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference. I have also changed the DNS on the box to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

I'm now considering one of the following options:
Superhub in modem mode and set up a separate router
Konig 28dB amplifier
New tuner box (I've seen the Edision combo recommended however the lack of microsd slot for storage would be a bit of a downgrade).

Does anyone have any advice? I'll see if I can borrow a router to rule that option out first.

Last edited:
I'm also experiencing glitching on my H2H running Biohead's image, including on some FTA channels (some channels are fine, BBC is ok, C4 and Pick are glitching badly, SS1 glitching, BT S2 HD fine).

I have a cable going directly from the box coming in to the property to the back of the H2H, so no splitter in place (although it comes in from a shared roof space that I can't access so can't be sure if there's one at the box). Another cable coming in goes directly to a superhub 3 and I have a wired ethernet running from the back of the superhub to the H2H. I have tried a separate line provider and have the same issues so it's probably not related to that. It seems to get a lot worse when running a speedtest which I don't quite understand, however maybe a clue for someone more knowledgeable? Softcam is mgcamd.

Signal finder on the H2H is showing 50.0dB, SNR at 117%, AGC at 8% and BER at 0. I've tried fitting a 8dB forward path equaliser that I had from a previous setup on the off chance it helped however it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference. I have also changed the DNS on the box to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

I'm now considering one of the following options:
Superhub in modem mode and set up a separate router
Konig 28dB amplifier
New tuner box (I've seen the Edision combo recommended however the lack of microsd slot for storage would be a bit of a downgrade).

Does anyone have any advice? I'll see if I can borrow a router to rule that option out first.

Just to give an update on this, I was cleaning up the cable positions at the back of my box, disconnected the HDMI and power cable and reconnected them etc. I won't hold my breath for now however the glitching on the channels I was previously having issues with is gone! Not sure how this has changed anything or if it's just a coincidence, possibly the power reset changed something (I've done restarts with the remote in the past), seems the box works in mysterious ways! Not much help to others with glitching but there you go.

Back