H2H help please

p44ndl

hi guys so i've just bought my first h2h unpacked and plugged in - seems to be loaded with an image/ build already - is that normal? secondly, when i follow the instructions to install the grog build, i've loaded it onto my usb stick, placed in the back as instructed, turned the box on but it just says "boot" then proceeds to count up to 100 as normal and then fires up - no flash is happening?

could someone help me? thanks in advance

I've given up for the night after three different USB sticks! Looks like a weekend job. Thanks for your patience. Each time it just ignores the USB and proceeds to boot.

Try changing the one file called " no force " to " force " within the image folder & retry, and try pressing the power button when it says " boot "

Are you putting it into the back USB or the front? haha no worries mate.

Edit, not sure if its makes a difference on that box but it does on mine.

I've put it back in the back haven't tried pressing power button.. is that on remote or box and do I press or hold down

Thanks

you're all very helpful guys - i got it sorted - tried 4 different memory sticks and it worked - so i've flashed it now for the rest. thank you all

have just set up the grog image - works a treat, slick and have all of the fta working - have input my area code etc as per instructions - next step is lines isnt it?

apologies - novice at this - whats the difference between c and n lines? which should i use? i'm just running cable for now.

Nlines are generally better to run in mgcamd in newcamd.list.

Although I've never used clines so I couldn't be 100% sure, someone may post in more details regurding C and Nlines

When asking for test asks them for a CWS =

This is an Nline configured for mgcamd.

On pc goto file explorer then network you should see your box click on it then goto usr/keys, I'm not sure if @grog68 has a default newcamd.list file there if not you can create it with notepad and make sure it' named newcamd.list not newcamd.list.txt. Past your line in newcamd.list

Press blue button on remote control >.Softcam press right Select soft cam panel n cam 1 press right till it says mgcamd and press green to start.

Nlines are generally better to run in mgcamd in newcamd.list.

On pc goto file explorer then network you should see your box click on it then goto usr/keys, I'm not sure if @grog68 has a default newcamd.list file there if not you can create it with notepad and make sure it' named newcamd.list not newcamd.list.txt. Past your line in newcamd.list
I do have a sample newcamd.list file in the /usr/keys folder with the items that need changing in CAPITALS, ie SERVER, PORT etc that just need replacing with the relevant information from the line

EDIT: Ooh or do I lol, I do that for oscam files, sure I also do for newcamd.list but can't remember off hand LOL

does all this have to be done on laptop/ pc or is there a way to do directly via remote into box? i cant seem to see my box through network

you can edit the file using the dream explorer plugin (Green button -> Dream Explorer -> usr -> keys -> newcamd.list

but it's not the quickest method by far.

does all this have to be done on laptop/ pc or is there a way to do directly via remote into box? i cant seem to see my box through network
You can use an FTP program i.e. filezilla client version.

On your Box Menu > Info> Network > Get your box IP address
Open up FileZilla Host (top left ) Type in IP address Username root Leave others blank Press Quick connect
Box should then connect to computer Left side computer, Right hand box

You can also use mobile app I use es file explorer.

You can edit via box using dream explorer plugin but it's a bit of a faff entering with remote

Back