H2H Installing gift into FTP

Background

Bought H2H over a year ago with pre-installed gift, gift expired recently; new gift bought from same supplier. I understand the method, and tried to install via FTP with the following combinations :

- root / blank
- root / password
- root / dreambox

etc.

The FTP client tells me the login / pass is incorrect. The only individual with access to the H2H box was the seller of the original H2H & Gift. The box is running openVIX and was perfect till the gift expired.

Questions

Are there any other login / pass combinations that are likely to work that I haven't thought of or tried?

Is there any way to bypass or reset the password to default other than reflashing the box (which I'd like to avoid if possible).

I have contacted the seller earlier today but have received no response yet - any other suggestions of things I could try?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rich-de-Blok

Reflash it to a current image, it's old and Could do with an update anyway.
Use openATV 6
Plenty of help, guides and back up images.

Janso, yes my M8 getting past the passworded EEPROM in the box not the IP was the issue.

Dangerous yeh the image is a golden oldie but I'm in my 22nd year of these things and have long given up on needing the latest & greatest. TBH the only issue I've had is with a U/S HDMi operation which I bypassed and the box has always worked so I've left well alone on the 'if it aint broke' principle. The seller did respond quickly, offered to 'do it', and I've already posted to him on a signed and tracked system. He agrees he unnecessarily passworded so next time I'll flash and overwrite his protection, he did offer the password which of course did not work.

I'd be interested in any insight into the apparently inoperative HDMi, I've always run through big AV Receivers via HDMi and I'd love to find a solution. Thans lads.

Back