H2H Newbie with a few questions

Hi Guys,

I have just taken delivery of a ZGemma H2H and have a few questions, the box has come with instructions from the seller as i have also got a 24 month subscription from them so apparently all i have to do is plug the box iun and type my net id and scan and it will work? Is there a way of telling which firmware is on the box? I would like to know for future reference.

I have just bought a 32 gig USB stick to go in the back, will this be sufficient for just recorded a few hours at a time?

I have been sent instructions of how to connect a usb/hard drive and how to set the receiver to automatically update, as well as setting the EPG to automatically update.

On the bottom of the instructions it says: never do a system or software update under any circumstances, why would this be?

Am i right in thinking that if i wanted to watch one channel and record another i would have to have a sky dish put in to run along side my cable supply?

Is there anything else i should be aware of?

Thanks

1. 32GB, yes you have to consider that you will have epg, possibly picons & timeshift which your usb will be using, I wouldn't record at all mate just to save any hassel if you did run out of space.
2. EPG will be using a thing called 'crossEPG' this should be set up to auto update along side your bouquets (channels).
3. You have a firmware called vix which is loaded onto your zgemma. Zgemma doesn't support vix so if you update you run the chance of bricking your box.
4. Yeah if you want to record 1 channel and watch another, seeing you have the h2hm you would need a sat feed aswell as a cable feed going into your box. I would get a usb harddrive if you want to do a lot of recording.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the help,

So i have just got home and set the box up and followed all the instructions, the problem that i have now is all the channels including the FTA are skipping & flickering, any ideas of things i could try?

Thanks

John

It's probably you're splitter I had the same problem changed the splitter and now no stuttering at all

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Quick question. I'm also a noob. Just got mine. All set up and seems to be running fine. I've plugged a 1tb HDD into the back. Do I need to do anything special if I want to pause or record?

you need to initialise your hdd through the box.
after you have set that up you will need to go menu > setup > system > timeshift > then enable it say 30 seconds and make sure the location is set to your hdd :)

Thanks mate. I'll do that tonight. Also I've noticed I get what look like little white/black dots on the picture at times. Is this to be expected or could it be that I haven't attached the wire properly at the back?

Not sure what you mean by little white dots.
Do you think its hdmi/tv related problem or a coax cable/splitter problem?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping it's just a coax problem. Going to have a mess on with it later. Was just checking to see if it was a common problem. It's like little white pixel dots on my screen now and again.

Does sound like interference after you set timeshift up, pause the tv when the pixels are showing, then log onto your zgemma through openwebif (type your zgemma ip adress in on a webbrowser) then go to grab a screen shot to see what it looks like

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Does sound like interference after you set timeshift up, pause the tv when the pixels are showing, then log onto your zgemma through openwebif (type your zgemma ip adress in on a webbrowser) then go to grab a screen shot to see what it looks like

Thanks, I'll have a try of this after the match. I think I set up that time shift thing properly as well

Back