H2H or H5

Overall Specs:
H5:

• Supports H.265 + H.264
  • 2000 DMIPS CPU
  • BCM73625 Dual Core CPU
  • 2x DVB-S Tuner (Satellite) / 1x DVB-T2/C Tuner (Freeview/Cable)
  • 256MB NAND Flash + 512MB DDR3 RAM

H2H:

• Supports H.264
  • 2000 DMIPS CPU
  • BCM7362 Dual Core CPU
  • 1x DVB-S Tuner (Satellite) / 1x DVB-T2/C Tuner (Freeview/Cable)
  • 256MB NAND Flash + 512MB DDR3 RAM

H5 has should technically have better performance than the H2H, it may perform better with IPTV/VOD but I can't compare the performance for sure since I only use a H2H.

H2H has a single cable tuner, h52tc has twin cable tuner so you can watch one cable channel while recording another cable channel. For the extra few quid it's worth it. There is a link in my signature if you're interested

H2H and H5 have effectively the same CPU. It's just that the CPU in the H5 has hardware support for 4K included (that doesn't mean it'll work for 4K via VM though). Everything else about the CPUs are the same. You might be able to get 4K through IPTV (I don't know for certain as I don't go near IPTV) - in which case you might want the H5. If not, stick with the H2H - it's got the same amount of grunt as the H5.

Although, grog68 has also mentioned the H5.2TC. This is effectively an H5 with a dual cable tuner. If you want to watch one cable channel whilst recording another this is definitely the box to get.

H2H and H5 have effectively the same CPU. It's just that the CPU in the H5 has hardware support for 4K included (that doesn't mean it'll work for 4K via VM though). Everything else about the CPUs are the same. You might be able to get 4K through IPTV (I don't know for certain as I don't go near IPTV) - in which case you might want the H5. If not, stick with the H2H - it's got the same amount of grunt as the H5.

Although, grog68 has also mentioned the H5.2TC. This is effectively an H5 with a dual cable tuner. If you want to watch one cable channel whilst recording another this is definitely the box to get.
Does it really support 4K though? It may support the H265 codec, but the HDMI is listed to only support up to 1080p.

Back