Cable H2h recording while watching other channel problem

harryh38

Having tried several serverers and skins I settled on openvix vetuosso and vm hd. as my preferd setup.
The box is great picture and set up now very stable after playing around messing up and reflashing various options making back up images on usbs was a saver.

The one problem iv not yet solved is record and watch another channel on the H2H
Iv checked Providers. played with EPGs and tuners
I get 90% sat but my cable shows only 29% signal but that may be ok as reception is great and vm broadband 50+
Can this box be set up to watch one channel and record another and if so How?
the note come up " tuner unavailable" if recording and try to watch another.

You can only record and watch at the same time if you're using both the Cable tuner and Satellite tuner. Then you can watch on the Cable one and record on the satellite one (or vice versa). You can't just use one tuner to watch and record at the same time.

If you have that, have a look at DSayers backup image (you can install RedHD if you prefer that) - as that's setup for both cable and sat together where you'll be able to watch and record.

Confused.
I though that my H2H with sat dish and vm cables plug in was using both tuners with Openvix Vetuosso image
I can see and load the tuner A and B. A from Astra 28 sat etc and B from cable
A gives a signal of 90% but B shows 29%. both lock
Watching is great, it records to HDD great, and only some stations are unavailable while watching.
It seems that with one e p guide that sees both tuners together there is no way to select tuner.
A sat. movi .recorded while I watched BBC1 but some other channel were not available.
Can I assume that I am getting the film from one tuner and bbc from the other ?
Does the Dsayers image show a distinction between tuner ?
Can my existing image be twecked to get what I want "watch one and record another" ?
Thank you.

think you have them set up correctly, the cable tuner is stuck at that percentage by default- all channels will be fine though.

How I set mine up is when I generate the bouquets(channel list) I have it so there are two sets of bouquets (SLY & VM)
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > AutoBouquetsMaker > Configure > Scroll down to 'Add providers prefix to bouquets' have that set to 'yes' then save.

Scan again using ABM.
Once the scan is complete exit out of it all.

Press down or up arrow key.
then press the menu button > navigate to settings > Always show bouquets: yes > save
now when you press the down or up arrow, you'll see the VM & Sly channels separated (Tuner A & Tuner B)

try record a VM (tuner B) channel. when that is recording try watch one of the sly(tuner A) channels

think you have them set up correctly, the cable tuner is stuck at that percentage by default- all channels will be fine though.

How I set mine up is when I generate the bouquets(channel list) I have it so there are two sets of bouquets (SLY & VM)
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > AutoBouquetsMaker > Configure > Scroll down to 'Add providers prefix to bouquets' have that set to 'yes' then save.

Scan again using ABM.
Once the scan is complete exit out of it all.

Press down or up arrow key.
then press the menu button > navigate to settings > Always show bouquets: yes > save
now when you press the down or up arrow, you'll see the VM & Sly channels separated (Tuner A & Tuner B)

try record a VM (tuner B) channel. when that is recording try watch one of the sly(tuner A) channels

Thanks for this. My wife's struggling with the new setup, so hopefully this might make it a bit easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you
I can now see that there are two channel list with no distinct brake in the all channel epg on the H2h Each starts with the "entertainment" and if I'm recording from a channel on one list I need to pick a channel from the other to watch. As the two sections and what is on each tuner is not exactly alike particularly with HD where there will be some cannels with the H2h that are not watch one record other.
This will not occure with the H2s where both tuners are the same but do not have all the HD.
I think that is it, unless someone found it different. I also found that the unavailable channels dimmed down on a long list epg while recording
Can be more fun playing with the box set up than watching tv sometimes, but frustrating if you get stuck. The box seem fairly idiot proof thankfully.

Is there a way of recording a channel with Zgemma Star H2 and be watching another channel without having sat and vm or 2 sats.
Like we did with the old VHS recorders watch one channel and record another :(

What dont you have cable? And you only have a sat feed? The zgemma h2s boxes are designed for that or 2s. You can alwayd get a USB sat tuner and use that

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

hello guys sorry to hijack the thread new here.

im looking at getting the H.2H im currently with Virgin and thats the only line into my house. So with the H.2H its not possible to record a channel while watching another ? which Zgemma can do this if any ?

The zgemma h.2h has 1 sat tuner and 1 cable tuner.

To achieve recording and watching different channel you would need a sat feed - sat dish being put up.

Could you link me to a cable box which can record and watch a different channel please.

what about the Miraclebox Premium Micro HD Linux Enigma 2 Hybrid 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver

Last edited:
but i would only need one tuner right as i just have the one VM line going into my house?

Last edited:
if you want to record and watch a twin tuner is needed and split cable feed via splitter to each tuner or box is setup internally with 1 feed=read specs on each model.

i have installed ipab image and i am using cable and sat but not been able to see bouquet for both i can only see virgin when i followed your instruction can someone help many thanks

Follow the instructions for ipab it uses a different method for cable and sat and you need to follow the guide to the letter.

Back