H2h refusing to flash

narl

I have tried 4 different USB, from a generic one, 2 sandisk's, Toshiba and also a Kingston drives all do not flash the device at all, I am unable to try the online variation for some reason I cant find that option in the settings, it has an old version of VIX on it, it is for sale so I want it right for the new owner can anyone think of anything else to get this to flash.

when you first power the box on do you see USB/UPDTE on the led display? if so press the power button on the front of the box and it should flash.

Nope, doesn't give that option at all.
It goes straight into boot, then loads up the old version of vix, which is about a year out of date.

what files do you have on the usb stick?

you should have a zgemma folder which has a h3 folder inside it and then that should have 4 files in it?

You would probably be better putting WooshBuild or GrogBuild on it if you're selling it.
ViX don't support Zgemmas so ATV would make it more attractive to potential buyers.

To Couch Flash:
Copy the flash zip file to /media/hdd/imagebackups

MENU > SETUP > VIX > IMAGE MANAGER

Highlight the flash zip file and press blue button to start flashing.

what files do you have on the usb stick?

you should have a zgemma folder which has a h3 folder inside it and then that should have 4 files in it?

Yeah, that is what I have, this box has always been a temperamental ballox,
you are putting usb in the back of the box too I assume?
Yeah, I am using the rear, the USB drive has a small LED on it, you can see it flashing like it is sending the information, but the ZGemma doesn't seem to be picking it up for whatever reason.

You would probably be better putting WooshBuild or GrogBuild on it if you're selling it.
ViX don't support Zgemmas so ATV would make it more attractive to potential buyers.

To Couch Flash:
Copy the flash zip file to /media/hdd/imagebackups

MENU > SETUP > VIX > IMAGE MANAGER

Highlight the flash zip file and press blue button to start flashing.
Yeah, I get an error saying.

Device: There is a problem with this device, please reformat and try again.

Does it even try to flash? I appologise if this has been said / asked but in the folder there should be a file called noforce it needs to be renamed force ( sorry if i aound stupid i sufferd this same issue a while back )

Does it even try to flash? I appologise if this has been said / asked but in the folder there should be a file called noforce it needs to be renamed force ( sorry if i aound stupid i sufferd this same issue a while back )
Nope, the LED flashes on the drive, but that it is. I changed the file to force, but still the same.

To me ( affter a quick google ) Looks like its trying to write to the device but it doesnt know its there
Looking at the VIX code it seems the only file with the erros is this line

self['lab1'].setText(_("Device: ") + config.imagemanager.backuplocation.value + "\n" + _("there is a problem with this device, please reformat it and try again."))

Have a look in : Main menu -> Setup -> VIX -> Image Manager -> press menu and change the location ?

Yeah, tried the above, still the same, I even went out and bought a Kingston data traveller USB pen drive and it is still the same, just will not flash at all.
I think the box is hosed.

Back