H2h refusing to flash

what size usb sticks have you been using?
zgemma's don't like large or small ones for some reason, also they are fussy about usb's in general, you may need to try half a dozen before it recognises one

with the box booted up and an initialised usb stiick in the back, if you check Storage devices is the usb stick detected?

If so are you able flash online ?

what size usb sticks have you been using?
zgemma's don't like large or small ones for some reason, also they are fussy about usb's in general, you may need to try half a dozen before it recognises one

I have tried several, from sandisk to Kingston, all have the same issue.
with the box booted up and an initialised usb stiick in the back, if you check Storage devices is the usb stick detected?

If so are you able flash online ?

Unable to flash online, I have navigated to Menu -> Setup -> System -> this version of vix (3.2) doesn't have that option by the looks of things.

when you first power the box on do you see USB/UPDTE on the led display? if so press the power button on the front of the box and it should flash.

I've just bought a new h2h after my star h2 sound has gone.
Reading here and was going to give some advice, but from what you say here, ive learnt something more.
I was trying to flash your image and that USB/UPDATE came on, i assumed image not for the box, silly me, installed another one, the vix and flash came up and box running.
I will try yours now thou, now i know the procedure, thank you.

As regard OP, are you using Hard disk low level format tool?
I always use this, then do a format after with windows, then install image

I've just bought a new h2h after my star h2 sound has gone.
Reading here and was going to give some advice, but from what you say here, ive learnt something more.
I was trying to flash your image and that USB/UPDATE came on, i assumed image not for the box, silly me, installed another one, the vix and flash came up and box running.
I will try yours now thou, now i know the procedure, thank you.

As regard OP, are you using Hard disk low level format tool?
I always use this, then do a format after with windows, then install image
Yeah. Using HDD guru.

Ok one last question from me =)

Are you doing a quick format or a full format as there is alot of posts that state the boot amd partion records can be messed up so may need to be low level formated fully

if you are having the same issues flashing using a different usb pen drives then you either have something wrong with the image/files you are trying to flash with or your usb's are not ready to flash & need propper prep before loading image, I suspect it's usb prep causing your problems, these boxes are not fussy/temperamental... it's poor prep before flashing 98% of the time.

(power the box directly from a walll socket & not from an extension lead)

are you able to ftp to the box and upload a image ?

I tried to FTP openvix and open to the tmp folder but it said it was already there, when it clearly wasn't there, I am not to sure what is going on.

if you are having the same issues flashing using a different usb pen drives then you either have something wrong with the image/files you are trying to flash with or your usb's are not ready to flash & need propper prep before loading image, I suspect it's usb prep causing your problems, these boxes are not fussy/temperamental... it's poor prep before flashing 98% of the time.

(power the box directly from a walll socket & not from an extension lead)

I have done all the usual things using HDD gurgu and also the windows format tool, it just doesn't seem to want to pick it up for whatever reason, very unusual.

You can copy the image to anywhere on the hdd and flash using the image manager.
Select 'Flash Online' then 'Local' and use the yellow button to select the location you copied the image to.

For Vix flashing local Initialise your storage device then FTP media/hdd create a folder called imagebackups and put the full zip file in there.

On bix press Menu, Setup, ViX, Image manager, highlite the zip file and press blue to flash.

Edit just noticed @Willo3092 posted this method on post 6.

With the usb error message have you initialised the USB on box? I think it needs initialising before couch flashing.

Last edited:
You can copy the image to anywhere on the hdd and flash using the image manager.
Select 'Flash Online' then 'Local' and use the yellow button to select the location you copied the image to.

Flash Online method is for OpenATV, I think the OP is on OpenVix unless I missed a post.

Back