Cable H2H Settings

Cdamien1

Hi again guys,

I'd like to start by thanking everyone who helps where they can on here, you have certainly helped me out in the past :)

Here goes.. and at the risk of sounding ridiculously stupid let me paint a scenario..

I have 2 ZGemma H2H boxes, one flashed and configured to receive cable with the EPG up and running nicely,
on the other hand i have a, brand new, out of the box ZGemma H2H with nothing on it..

Could i in theory hook up the configured and flashed box to ftp, copy all the files from the top level directory on to my desktop (or wherever)..
Then I hook the brand new box up to ftp, remove the top level files and install all the files from the other box, which had everything configured??

will the previously untouched box store all these new settings and operate like the other box straight away??

I hope that makes sense, it is 3am after all

Cheers Guys :)

Press blue button on remote software manager, complete backup, choose hdd let it create the backup.

Once done ftp media/hdd you should have a folder called complete backups go into that and drag the zgemma folder to pc open the zgemma folder you should see h3 go in that folder and you should have a file called noforce rename it to force.

Once done drag the zgemma folder only on usb switch off box using the back power button insert usb in back and switch on using back button then box should change from usb to flash.

Bare in mind when creating a backup it will include your line details if you cant use your line as multiroom remove it before creating the backup

ok so got as far as the "renamage" and dragging folder on to USB i know works.

so if i have a new box now, do i need to use WB V5 first and this is like an add on? or can i grab a box straight off the shelf and flash with the USB with the backup on it?

because i only have one box here atm and i reflashed it with WB V5, turned it off at the back, inserted the new USB with backup image and nothing happened..
not sure if this is like an add on to the H2S image or can i use the new USB on all h2H boxes from now on to get it fully configured?

I apologise if i sound really clever, i cant help it :)

only messing, thanks for your help guys

Inside the backup you should see a file called noforce rename it to force. No need to flash wooshbuild first you can just flash your backup image

Dslayers, I have done all that.. I just cant get the new box to say "flash" after i install the new formatted usb with the backup zgemma (force) file on it.. i know the box recognised the type of memory pen as its the type i always use..
do you know of any videos that explains it because I'm missing a trick..

Thank you for taking the time, I really appreciate it

Try to format it with this
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/srzv79dkm7s3inx/smdk_fat322.zip?dl=0
if that doesn't work try another brand new usb and you shouldn't need to format it

I would like to do exactly as you have described.

I had a look at the responses, but can't get them to work.

Did you manage to find a way round this?

Many thanks

Follow dsayers instructions and make a backup image.
On the HDD should be a zgemma folder. Copy it to your PC and create a zip file from it.
On the new box create a folder named 'images' on the hdd.
Drag the zgemma zip file into this and restore using image manager.

Back