H2H SNR Strength & Afew Image Questions

moots

Hi guys,

After using kodi/xbmc & android boxes for quite awhile I wasn't happy with the unreliability of live tv so decided to upgrade to a Zgemma H2H box as a starting point. I've got it all up & running smoothly with just VM cable & very happy with it, just had a afew questions.

I purchased the box pre flashed with Vix and gift on ebay (I know, in hindsight this was a bad idea). Anyway everything was fine, apart from I was getting a lot of glitching on SS esp during live sports (I guess to be expected from an eBay gift). Anyway I sorted that by purchasing a new line from a reliable sever & after having a 3 day test which turned out to be rock solid.

Yesterday I decided to move my VM hub so it was closer to the TV, which involved me swapping co ax afew cables about. This is where I started having issues, first of all the VM hub wouldn't work after being rebooted (appeared to be updating), then when it did start working, it appeared that Mgcamd was not 'picking up' the line details (displayed 'No ECM info' in Tspanal) and only FTA channels were working. I don't know if this is because the router was reset & assigned a new IP? Anyway I couldn't get it to work at all so ended up reflashing the box with Bioheads image (thanks for all the hard work, appreciated). This worked fine and I got my line working again.

Question I have is, my SNR strength is constantly 29% and I am getting slight glitches on some channels, I don't believe this to be the line as it was rock solid previously. Would this likely be down to A)My signal strength (possibly changing the cables has affected this? Perhaps should try a better splitterr?) B)My VM hub seems to be having slight issues and giving me very slow download speeds compared to normal, its 100mb but only getting speeds of roughly 6mb, don't know how much of an influence this would have on the glitching?)
One thing I did notice is when my line wasn't picking up paid channels, even the FTA channels seemed to have slight signal interruptions, which leads me to believe its the signal/wiring?

And final quick question, I noticed Vix to be slightly speedier menus than OpenATV, is there any advantage to each image (other than updates, not officially supported etc) or is it just personal preference?

Any help is much appreciated.

The only thing is that that 29% Snr for cable is a bug. On my H2H its 29% as well and no problems with watching. The rest I can't help you.

Ah OK, I did read this somewhere previously, thanks for confirming. So is perhaps just the wiring/splitter, I'll get a new splitter and see what difference it makes.

Back