1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable H2H VM full setup guide

Discussion in 'Zgemma Star H.2H' started by TeesMaarKhan, Feb 16, 2016.

1. TeesMaarKhan

TeesMaarKhan Member

Update coming soon

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  2. Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000 Member

That is awesome!!! This is exactly that I need in about 2 months time when I move to my new house....currently on sly with sucnamsee's image but wasn't sure how to flip it over to Virgin!!!

3. TeesMaarKhan

TeesMaarKhan Member

No worries i started with h1 now on h2h when I came here it took me over 10 hours to set box up running here and there gathering info so once I had completed I decided to write this out....once you set up VM you will auto know how to set sly via same method....and welcome....this has been laying in the h1 section for a few months now but decided to paste in h2h section too...maybe admins can look at it into a sticky?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  4. brainbug100

brainbug100 Member

helped me out big style, thanks v much :)

5. Biohead

Biohead Member

6. beamer520

beamer520 Member

Thanks for this thread it will be very helpful with the setup.

7. risokin

risokin Member

Hi complete noob here. The cable from the existing vm tivo box, does that get connected to the LNB of the h2h box? If not, how does this all connect together. Any help appreciated. Thanks

8. TeesMaarKhan

TeesMaarKhan Member

You need a f type connector to RF connector and then put that into the socket in the box

9. chill77

chill77 Member

Hi! That's a really brilliant guide, thanks! I've got my box in front of me now and I'll go through it once I set it up. One question, will I get more channels if I have both satellite and cable plugged into it? Is there really much difference?

10. whybrow

whybrow Member

Thanks for this guide, I will use it tomorrow when my box arrives from the official store!
    I am slightly confused as I have only ever used openboxes, so linux based is a completely new thing for me - thanks for the step by step guide
    Can I ask, I have both sat and vermn feeds and respective lines. I can see how I add the VM line etc from your guide but cant find any guide on here for setting up sly so that I have both setup, I intend to use one for watching and one for recording. Would I have to just add a bit extra for sly to work or have to use sucmnsee again in some way?
    Any help you can offer would be really appreciated.

11. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 TK Veteran

Leave tuner a configured and in autobouqete marker providers sky uk choose your area custom not sd or HD input your net id for cable then start scan.

In epg crossepg when following step 30 also choose rytec sky uk aswell as virgin and follow the rest of the instructions.

For your line in step 9 edit your sky server details where it says CWS = tv.server and follow the instructions for the vm line

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  12. whybrow

whybrow Member

Thanks dsayers2014,

Tbh, it doesnt make much sense to me now, but I am sure the proverbial penny will drop when I am actually doing it!

If not I will shout for help/clarification, if that's ok.

Thanks again

13. deano9

deano9 Member

thanks for a great guide

14. risokin

risokin Member

Great guide, but this just does not work for me. I have no idea why. I've spent about a day on this now. I have started a thread and will post a link here when approved. Any help appreciated in the thread. Thanks

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  15. STROUDJP

STROUDJP Member

Thanks for the guide TeeMaarKhan. From title will this guide work for H1, H2 & H2H, with relevant backup from Sucmnsee loaded.

Regards JPS

16. BeakyFord

BeakyFord TK Veteran

it will work on the 1st gen boxes such as H1 & H2 but not the 2nd gen like the H2H, there is an image for H2H in the stickies

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  17. STROUDJP

STROUDJP Member

Thanks for the reply BeakyFord. Is the image you refer to the one by Sucmnsee ? If not, is it possible to post a link as I don't know stickies.

Regards JPS

18. STROUDJP

STROUDJP Member

Wonderful BeakyFord Thanks.

Regards JPS

19. najalubar

najalubar Member

Thanks..you are a star...