Cable H2H VM Setup

likedm

How does a cable line work if your H2H is in your room & your router is downstairs?

It was working fine until the other day when virgin came round & stole the splitter whilst giving us a new router,saying i didnt need it - now i'm bloody stuck on which cable goes where - (i have just bought another splitter).

Are there any graphs out there that can help with the setup going upstairs?

Muchly appreciate any help!

Last edited:
the main line coming in goes in the 'in'
the two 'outs' are connected to the router and zgemma
it's all very complicated :(y):

Last edited:
Ok, i'm still confused! I understand where the ins & outs go but..

My virmin box is upstairs connected through cable. which is coming in through the wall
My router is downstairs connected

What do?

You need a lan cable from the router to the zgemma box
if the cable coming through the bedroom wall has been disconnected in the little brown box by the VM engineer, you need to reconnect it

first we need to see if your getting a signal on cable box -signal finder will say if you are or not.
as Pablo said is box lan connected?

first we need to see if your getting a signal on cable box -signal finder will say if you are or not.
as Pablo said is box lan connected?
No signal 0% and yes box is LAN connected.

I had it all setup and working fine until Wednesday when the VM man took the splitter whilst giving us a new router.

No signal 0% and yes box is LAN connected.

I had it all setup and working fine until Wednesday when the VM man took the splitter whilst giving us a new router.

You have to trace the VM cable coming down your outside wall, from the bedroom and make sure it is still connected to the splitter.
My guess is that it isn't connected to anything

so you dont have a live coaxial feed,get correct splitter and recheck.no harm to trace where that coaxial cable is coming from.

Back