H2H vs H2S

konky

Hi, Just joined and whilst I have dabbled with dbox2 then android/kodi boxes I am complete zgemma newbie. I have searched for this point, but apologies if I have missed the answer elsewhere.

I have both a quad lnb sky dish/sky freesat box and VM broadband. I would prefer two tuners so I can record the families favourite shows. So I would appreciate some advice on whether I should get a zgemma H2S or H2H.

I have read some of the pros and cons of cable vs sat and on the face of it surely it is no brainer to go for the H2H as I will have more options. What am I missing?

My question is whether the H2H has all the performance benefits of the H2S or if there are any drawbacks? For instance:

Can both tuners be used for satellite ( and both for cable) rather than it having to be one of each?

I am assuming that one cline (or nline) will give me two sat (or two cable feeds)? So it is only if I want to have both cable and sat that i will need two fork out for two lines?

I have read some of the pros and cons of cable vs sat, but as I am staring out with the option of both I would appreciate a steer of which to go for.

On the face of it surely it is no brainer to go for the H2H as I will have more options. What drawback am I missing? What set-up have those of you with both cable and sat gone for and why. If you need to fork out for one nline and one clinefor an H2H would it not make more sense to but buy a H2S as well as a H2H (if you get two feeds on each from the same line?)?

Please can someone clear-up my confusion?

thanks
konky

H2H and H2S both run the same Broadcom BCM7362 hipset with a 750mhz Dual Hyperthreading CPU only difference is one has 2 satellite tuners and the other has 1 sat and 1 Cable/FreeviewHD tuner.

My advice if you have Cable at your property and the line is live then plump for the H2H, as you have experience with the old Dbox2 i remember them fondly which ran Neutrino image then you wont have a problem with Enigma2 same sort of file structure and same FTP to access said file structure

Good Luck

Thanks for the good advice to try the cable route. I will check out whether there is a viable alternative to the H2H that will give me two cable feeds first though as I would still prefer the recording option as well.

If funds allow then i would plump for something like the Xtrend ET8000 which starts at £159 with 2 x Sat tuners, it is though a 3 x Plug and Play tuner receiver so you could if you wish put in 3 x cable tuners or any combination you want also takes an internal hard drive for recording and is a true dual core 1300mhz processor so faster again than the Zgemma

How do you know if a cable is live or not? I have vm broadband and have used a splitter to connect to my zgemma h.2h and there is no signal. The broadband works perfectly. Does the vm broadband need to be activated for tv aswell before i can use it????

Just like delboy mentioned. If you have vermin broadband the signal can be used for the TV.

I only have BB and I've tested mine by buying a splitter and then connecting to my TV to the splitter and it worked fine.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

I have no tv and broadband just touched lucky and been kept on in main box so if you have broadband thru vm your feed is 100%live you must be wired wrong somewere mate your signal should show 29% on cable side (fault)

Also change tunner b from dvbt to dvbc

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your assistance. I did everything right ut made a mistake by plugging the live vermin feed in the LNB which is meant for satellite (sly). I have to buy an adaptor to plug the vermin feed in the RF IN plug. Now it is completely sorted. 8 have both sly and vermin working perfectly.

The only problem i am still having is that i can not get the timeshift to work. It refused to initialise my memory card. It os stucked at 50/100. I also tried converting the memory card from fat32 to ex4 via my laptop but the box wont recognise it. Any solution guys?????

Hi guy's can anyone point me in the right direction I have virgin media broadband & a virgin tv box i also have a sky dish so does this mean i can do both?

Im currently using Openbox v8s plus an Armada Mach8 andriod box but if this Zgemma box can do all that it makes sense to upgrade :)

Tho id settle for sky layout, can i record pause fast forward & rewind? Any help greatly appreciated

Any help greatly

Back