H2s complete backup to USB on Wooshbuild, cant get it to work

Rooodge

When trying to make a complete backup of my h2s i get the message......

"No USB-Device found for full backup
To backup directly to the USB-Stick, the USB-Stick
Must
contain a file with the name:

Backupstick or backupstick.text"

I have already inserted a formatted USB in the front.(Freshly formatted on pc)
Does the stick need to be initialized on the box first?
Or should i create a file on the pc with one of the above names? (if so would it be a blank notepad file?)

Thanks

Same trouble here

Or should i create a file on the pc with one of the above names? (if so would it be a blank notepad file?)
That's what you should do..exactly. And ,yes, it will be a blank notepad file.

I have done this and still get the message no usb found yet if i go into devices it sees it. I have also created the backupstick text file but still it wont work
If I initialise it then my pc doesn't see it. I take it that is for the box to use not my pc?
Please advise only got the box today and am already pulling my hair out.
I want to back it up before I go for the whooshbuild.backupstick.txt file still not recognised, tried quite a few of varying sizes etc

UPDATE
I've format usb stick on pc then add backupstick.txt file still not recognised, tried quite a few of varying sizes etc when i go into system/storage devices/Filesystem check it comes up with the following when i run the check
Errordev/sda1 contains a vfat filesystem.... but in windows it is just showing as fat32 any ideas please

UPDATE2
Never got to make a backup to usb.
Eventually at the end of the night I initialised a 3TB HDD in the box and then backed up Original Image.
Next I flashed Wooshbuild 5.... using one of the usb sticks that wouldn't allow backup but worked first time with the flashbuild.
Eventually got it working after about 5 hours of tweaking here and there. Couldn't get the channels to play or populate epg at first then I reloaded cline (in one go) and now have full access .

Last edited:
Iv'e came across this problem in the past, not being able to do a backup to USB Stick, however i tried the other option still using a USB to backup onto HDD and strangely enough it worked, so give it a go it might just work for you too:)

It looks like the USB stick needs mounting as a USB stick.
Menu - info panel - plugins - mount manager. In there select your USB stick and set it to media/USB.
The box will reboot then try again.
Thinking about it is the box pre configured and setup already or is it a fresh box?
If its a fresh box its pointless running a backup as it will only be a bog standard openatv on it

When trying to make a complete backup of my h2s i get the message......

"No USB-Device found for full backup
To backup directly to the USB-Stick, the USB-Stick
Must
contain a file with the name:

Backupstick or backupstick.text"

I have already inserted a formatted USB in the front.(Freshly formatted on pc)
Does the stick need to be initialized on the box first?

Thanks
open notepad in windows save the unused file, it will ask you to name the file, name the file backupstick put this on usb. make sure the usb is formatted to fat 32

Last edited:
Back