H2S Failure to reflash.

S Kellett

Firstly, apologies if this subject has already been done to death, but I'm having difficulty re-flashing my H2S box. It developed a fatal error due I suspect to my finger play, and now just boots displaying the same message and then re-booting again (ad nauseum). I've downloaded the latest Basebuild/Wooshbuild v6, low level formatted my USB Drive using HDDGuru, then formatted it on my PC to FAT 32 (Long version), and loaded the new files onto the USB Drive. Still no luck!! Box refuses to flash.

For information I'm using a generic 3.9 gb drive . Have tried various others by the way, same result. Help anyone please.

Agreed!! [emoji3] I've been using SanDisk USB Flash Drives with my Zgemma H7S, never had a problem. [emoji5] I was able to Initialize, mount, backup flash all on the box with no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Off the zgemma site

To flash format memory key to FAT32.
Extract file and copy zgemma folder to memory key.
Then put memory key in rear USB port.
Turn box off then on. When box boots you will see "flash" displayed on zgemma.
After 5/7minutes box will reboot.

I've never had a drive that I can't flash with. Formatting doesn't always work.
I delete all existing partitions and create a new primary fat32 partition and they work every time.

Firstly, apologies if this subject has already been done to death, but I'm having difficulty re-flashing my H2S box. It developed a fatal error due I suspect to my finger play, and now just boots displaying the same message and then re-booting again (ad nauseum). I've downloaded the latest Basebuild/Wooshbuild v6, low level formatted my USB Drive using HDDGuru, then formatted it on my PC to FAT 32 (Long version), and loaded the new files onto the USB Drive. Still no luck!! Box refuses to flash.

For information I'm using a generic 3.9 gb drive . Have tried various others by the way, same result. Help anyone please.
Finally managed to re-flash my H2S Box. Thanks to a reply post suggesting I press the on/off button at the front immediately after switching on the button at the rear, my box began to re-flash. All appears well now. Thanks to all who took the trouble to respond to my initial post.

Back