H2S Firmware update

hallmufc

Hi all, I want to do a clean wipe on the H2s and update the firmware to the latest one as I don't believe I have ever updated since doing it the once the first time I got it "a year or so ago"
I can not see an option to update the firmware on wb 5 so I went online to check for update files and found the update page on the official zgemma site with numerous update files
http://www.zgemma.tv/index.php?folder=WmdlbW1hLUguMlM=

First question. What do you select? Open atv? Open vix? HD freaks? Are they all the same but different servers?

Second question. Should I update every file from the version I am on or just the latest one?

Third question. Should I do a factory reset and see an ota firmware update option on the original z Gemma interface?

The files you are looking at are images that you need to set up yourself.
If you want the latest Wooshbuild it will be a sticky in the H2S forum.

Thanks but I am not looking to update the WB image, I want to update the box to the latest and any firmware files I have missed before I put the latest wb on again

Woosh is just openatv, you just run it and you will have the Verison of openatv that they made the image

It won't be today's openatv

If you want to days openatv you need to go to the zgemma website
And do it clean yourself

You don't but woosh on top of openatv

First off, DO NOT do a factory re-set, you will soft brick it.
Download Woosh base build and flash it and follow onscreen instructions.
This will give you openATV V6 and Wooshbuild V6.
Then blue button and SW update.
Et voila, latest version on box, easy peasy..............famous last words. :)

Last edited:
Jesus, my stubbornness got the better of me and I went ahead with the factory reset option on wb 5.3, as you predicted it siilver it has bricked and now on a boot loop "shit". What do I do now? HELP HAHA

I now understand that woosh is openatv and his image is updated often to the latest openatv so no need to manually update.. I know this NOW lol

Jesus, my stubbornness got the better of me and I went ahead with the factory reset option on wb 5.3, as you predicted it siilver it has bricked and now on a boot loop "shit". What do I do now? HELP HAHA

I now understand that woosh is openatv and his image is updated often to the latest openatv so no need to manually update.. I know this NOW lol

Don't worry, you aint the first and you won't be the last either to do that.

You can easily rescue it, just follow what I said in my previous post.

First off, DO NOT do a factory re-set, you will soft brick it.
Download Woosh base build and flash it and follow onscreen instructions.
This will give you openATV V6 and Wooshbuild V6.
Then blue button and SW update.
Et voila, latest version on box, easy peasy..............famous last words. :)

Just do this and you will be fine

Phew, all is not lost at all if I can simply flash again. I had to flash it anyway to get my recording functions back as they got messed up when my USB gave in there.Now that I know that the woosh build updates the software and I am not missing out on anything I am satisfied with that. Thanks again for the advice guys

Back