H2S wooshbuild what am I missing

damon6969

Hi all currently pulling my hair out, new box arrived today downloaded woosh build for the h2S unzipped to a folder on my desk top then copied over to USB stick that's formatted to fat 32, tried in front and rear por ts but won't flash just boots to open atv home page. Thought it was a problem with USB stick so just been and brought a sandisc .but still the same. I know box is seeing the USB because if I go through menu it shows as a device. Please please help

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 PM ----------

Just noticed it keeps adding two extra folders to the USB when I try it called movie and time shift

So on your USB stick you have a zgemma folder which then contains a folder called h3 and that contains 5 files?

There is no reason why it wont flash to be honest but the next stage is to normally low level the USB stick with HDD Guru..... SO we will bypass that.

Providing you have downloaded BaseBuild for WooshBuild v3.xx this will work:

With the USB stick in the box do the following:

Blue button -> Flash Online / Local -> Yellow button (local) -> Yello button (devices)

Now locate the USB stick in the box and then locate the zgemma folder and select it, then select the h3 folder.

You will now see two files listed. Hightlight rootfs.bin and press the Green button (flash)

When asked what you want to do, you need to choose option 2.

Let me know how you get on with that.

Good luck

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 PM ----------

Just read
Move the zgemma folder out of the WooshBuild folder and try to flash again!

All sorted problem was caused by me creating folder called basebuild then transferring that to stick with the contents of woosh build. As soon as I just transferred the zgemma folder it worked !happy days!

Now you have to write 100 lines saying:

"I must read WooshMan's detailed instructions more closely"

Pleased you are on the right path Damon :-)

lo thanks wooshman will defo read more carefully next time all done now right to stage 7 !!!!!!!, I cant find a program to open the newcamd.list file so i can paste my details in

Notepad will open it. It is just a txt file but with .list as the extension.

Yo can always rename it to newcamd.txt - add line and save, then rename back to newcamd.list

So on your USB stick you have a zgemma folder which then contains a folder called h3 and that contains 5 files?

There is no reason why it wont flash to be honest but the next stage is to normally low level the USB stick with HDD Guru..... SO we will bypass that.

Providing you have downloaded BaseBuild for WooshBuild v3.xx this will work:

With the USB stick in the box do the following:

Blue button -> Flash Online / Local -> Yellow button (local) -> Yello button (devices)

Now locate the USB stick in the box and then locate the zgemma folder and select it, then select the h3 folder.

You will now see two files listed. Hightlight rootfs.bin and press the Green button (flash)

When asked what you want to do, you need to choose option 2.

Let me know how you get on with that.

Good luck

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 PM ----------

Just read
Move the zgemma folder out of the WooshBuild folder and try to flash again!

Hi wooshman, had a new zgemma h2s box this week and been trying to flash it for a while without success. I have tried the method you said above and i am still having no luck! Thats all that shows up on my screen after the boot as finished is the wooshamn logo and some text saying your first step for easy flashing.

I am able to navigate menus but they are not of sky skin look so i can only assume that my box hasnt been flashed, and im not sure what i am doing wrong, i have read multiple threads and tried multiple methods with no luck.

Thanks

Same problem

Now you have to write 100 lines saying:

"I must read WooshMan's detailed instructions more closely"

Pleased you are on the right path Damon :-)

Hi Wooshman. Firstly, thanks for all your time and hard work spent into creating and supporting everyone through your build... I am struggling though to flash the download from my USB to my 2S box. I have followed the instructions step by step and the file Zgemma is showing on my USB stick too. It just won't flash onto my box having tried everything. It is a new USB stick and I have formatted it and unzipped the file etc. Just stumped and any help would be really appreciated.... I also tried letting it load up and pressing the blue button but nothing happens.
Thanks
Sean

i will be giving this ago when my h2s arrives first venture out away from openbox, but looks like Wooshman has made it easy for all so thank you in advance :)

hi i could do with some help as well i have installed base build all went ok. installed usb created swap file and then i go to flash woosh build. download the zip file no problem. unzipping files and then it comes up with unzip:corrupted data
unzip:inflate error
any help would be really graet

What USB are you using? is it 128gb or 256gb?

No mater which, try a smaller USB, like a 32gb or 64gb. It doesn't like the USB device it is extracting to.

You can turn the box off, put a different USB in the rear and turn on. Then do BaseBuild as before but of course when it says about changing USB sticks, don't do it, just carry on.

Hi can you help please, trying to install Wooshbuild v7, i have flashed the Basebuild from the usb, swaped files and select country and region.
It starts to flash but nothing happens, a notice appears?
Execution progress:
Archive: /media/hdd/images/wooshbuild-latest.zip
Unzip: invalid zip magic 4F44213C
Execution finished

Back