H5.2S and HDD question...

Carcosa

Hi everyone, hope we are collectively well.
Got one of these boxes winging it's way to me soon. Just wanted to know if I can plug in my existing HDD from my old Cloud iBox and go from there without losing the plethora of content that the drive holds...I am aware of the initialisation process and all...just curious as to there being other options, and not having to wipe the drive or get another drive for the newbie!
Thank you for your time good people and best regards.
M.

I only know with wooshbuild you flash the box with initial files on usb stick and then you get option to swap for drive you want to use to record. You then get option to initialize or not prior to use. I have done this several times keeping my data on hard drive i do not want to loose. Think the drive needs to be certain format to be compatable. My drive was initially initialized on the zgemma box.

I only know with wooshbuild you flash the box with initial files on usb stick and then you get option to swap for drive you want to use to record. You then get option to initialize or not prior to use. I have done this several times keeping my data on hard drive i do not want to loose. Think the drive needs to be certain format to be compatable. My drive was initially initialized on the zgemma box.
Nice one @Stevecwmbran!...that is very helpful as I am told this box has indeed been flashed with Wooshbuild; fingers crossed that I can get my noggin around this, as what you mention makes a great deal of sense. The HDD I will be using (hopefully!) has been formatted to NTFS originally, so we shall see what happens!!!
Kudos for your assistance Sir.

Last edited:
Hey @Stevecwmbran
Just thought I'd give you a heads-up on the HDD status...it worked absolutely spot on!!!
Received the box yesterday (which was flashed with the Whooshbuild image); hooked-up the cables et al...booted up, and it recognised my current HDD instantly-no loss of any previous data...well happy!!!
A big thank you for your guidance mate...jobs a good 'un! :(y):

Hi ,I am a neewbie,just waiting for my box to arrive,H5 2TC,finally upgrading from my Spiderbox 9000,for obvious reasons.
I have an external Hard Drive also,mine was used to record from Spiderbox ,I don't want to lose the recordings either,so I would assume that if I use this
as the recording box for the Zgemma,these will remain ? I don't suppose they will play on it also ?

Help would be much appreciated.Thanks

If the siderbox is an enigma 2 box, then i dont see why not, but maybe a different issue if the spider box is an enigma1 box ???

If the siderbox is an enigma 2 box, then i dont see why not, but maybe a different issue if the spider box is an enigma1 box ???
It is a Spiderbox 9900HD,ti is getting for about 6 years old,so I have no idea whether that was an enigma 1 or 2 or whatever. i think it records with PVR via trp format .?

Back