h5.2tc in bootlloop immediately after trying to launch bbc iplayer recorder

dazw713

Hi Im wondering if anybody can advise me if there is anything I can do to recover before a total re-flash.

Its a zgemma h5.2tc, its been working perfectly for many months. This afternoon I attempted to start up bbc iplayer recorder which is a plugin, and I have used this plugin many times before successfully, However today it clearly wouldnt load i just had the spinning circle for ages, so I powered off at the back. Upon powering back on, im now stuck in a bootloop. on the display it gets to 85 before returning to 00.

I have full access via my pc to the root files and folders. I would much rather recover than reflash. Do you guys think removing the bbc iplayer recorder files would help, or is there anything else you would suggest.

many thanks, darren.

I would try that ftp in and remove the plugin you installed

/lib/enigma2/Python/plugins/extensions or systemplugins, but can it being in the last one

Is it a stand alone plugin or one of the aps inside the IPTV player plugin?

try turning off at the power and then after a few seconds turn back on.
If that doesn't work, turn off again and then unplug the usb stick and turn back on.

ok removing the folder for this plugin hasnt stopped it from being in bootloop, however i notice that on the display it now reaches 94

Is it a stand alone plugin or one of the aps inside the IPTV player plugin?

try turning off at the power and then after a few seconds turn back on.
If that doesn't work, turn off again and then unplug the usb stick and turn back on.
its a standalone plugin. im surprised you havent heard of it. its bbc iplayer recorder by davvo.

I tried all that you suggested, to no avail.

Do you think deleting just this folder from plugins was enough? maybe there are traces of the plugin elsewhere.

hey guys my next question is:

since i have access to the root files and folders, can i take the last backup file and reflash with this?

yes you can, unzip the file onto usb stick and flash, also take your line off while you're at it.

in the /media/hdd folder you should have a folder called fullbackup_zgemmah52tc (or something similar) browse into that and you should have one or more folders named as date_time, ie 20171107_1755 - browse into to the most recent folder

You should now see a zgemma folder, download that to your computer.
Now browse to /usr/keys and you should see a newcamd.list file (if using mgcamd), download this to your computer.

Now copy the zgemma folder and all of it's contents to a blank usb stick. Browse into the zgemma/h5 folder on the usb stick and rename the file called noforce to force. Now 'eject' the usb stick.

Insert the usb stick into the box and turn on, it should now flash.

If your box had your line installed when you last backed up then you shouldn't need to reinstall your line.

PS. the IPTV Player plugin that is installed with Wooshbuild has a BBC Iplayer app included so you don't really need another plugin

in the /media/hdd folder you should have a folder called fullbackup_zgemmah52tc (or something similar) browse into that and you should have one or more folders named as date_time, ie 20171107_1755 - browse into to the most recent folder

You should now see a zgemma folder, download that to your computer.
Now browse to /usr/keys and you should see a newcamd.list file (if using mgcamd), download this to your computer.

Now copy the zgemma folder and all of it's contents to a blank usb stick. Browse into the zgemma/h5 folder on the usb stick and rename the file called noforce to force. Now 'eject' the usb stick.

Insert the usb stick into the box and turn on, it should now flash.

If your box had your line installed when you last backed up then you shouldn't need to reinstall your line.

PS. the IPTV Player plugin that is installed with Wooshbuild has a BBC Iplayer app included so you don't really need another plugin
many thanks. I have done this and i have bbc2 back on.

things are not perfect, all the setting seem different to me compared with the date on which i did the backup. the backup file was dated 8th june. having now restored this, loads of settings are different. i was running a vm skin, but im back on a sky skin. my bougets are set to satellite first when in actual fact i had cable first.

it feels to me like this is not a backup at all, it doesnt seem much different to flashing a fresh image onto the box.

looks like ive got lots of work to do to get the box back to the same way i had it before but at least i have a working box lol.

btw, the reason for the iplayer plugin was the ability to record (download) and keep stuff from the bbc iplayer, the inbuilt iptv version, you mention does this also download to keep?

you can record in the iptv player plugin, open iptv player, then select the bbc Iplayer app, before selecting the program you want to record, press the green button so at the top it sayss Recorder > Player. This will now download rather than streaming

you can record in the iptv player plugin, open iptv player, then select the bbc Iplayer app, before selecting the program you want to record, press the green button so at the top it sayss Recorder > Player. This will now download rather than streaming

thanks grog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back