H5.2TC Noob & Setup

TheJones

Morning Guys, I've had an h.2h for a year now - which I bought pre-setup - but I'm considering buying an H5 and setting it up myself. I quite enjoy that sort of thing and I'm not too illiterate technically...

However, I'm wondering if the H5 is much of an upgrade on the H.2H for me. I only intend on using vm on the box and thought 2 tuners would come in handy for recording purposes (record one, watch another) but not sure if this is even the case?

Also, although I've searched this forum for a guide to set up the box I haven't seen anything that helps from scratch. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

The H5.2TC is pretty much identical to set up as the H2.H and yes, you can record 1 cable channel whilst watching another just fine on the H5.2TC.

The H5.2TC is pretty much identical to set up as the H2.H and yes, you can record 1 cable channel whilst watching another just fine on the H5.2TC.

Cheers Ste. Will purchase today then. I hear you're the man to speak to when I make a right arse of it and need saved?;)

Haha, I don't know about that - I have one set up and running perfect so if that makes me "the man" then I guess I am :grin:

Always here to help ;)

Haha, I don't know about that - I have one set up and running perfect so if that makes me "the man" then I guess I am :grin:

Always here to help ;)
Hello hopefully you don't mind me jumping in on this post. New to this.

I am purchasing the h5 2tc to use with VM and sky. Is it possible to have both running at the same time? Which image is best to run on the box?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Param.

Hello hopefully you don't mind me jumping in on this post. New to this.

I am purchasing the h5 2tc to use with VM and sky. Is it possible to have both running at the same time? Which image is best to run on the box?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Param.

Yes, you can use both on the box although there's only a very limited amount of channels that clear via satellite currently.

I use Wooshbuild.

Thanks for the reply. Managed to install woosh fairly easily. Struggling to get my sat c line on it though. Any tips? I put the c line cccam.cfg.cfg file on usb in root but when I go to soft cam and try to load the channels it does nothing.

Thanks for getting back to me. It was a typo on here. Managed to get it working by using ftp to move the file to the box and configuring with tspanel.

For future reference, if you have a computer you can just go into My Computer / This PC and your zgemma will be visible under network (no need to use ftp) ;)

Glad you're sorted.

Hi, I have another noob question for this box! I've just bought the box, the 1 wf100 cable, a technetix splitter an this adapter to go in the "tuner b/c" slot. However it doesn't fit!! I am a complete noob but can somebody point in the direction of the corrector adapter please? I'm not using the sat tuner only the 2 cable tuners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should look like this
14e7981fadb79ccc10a6944ca93dc4e2.jpg

Hello

I have been provided with some test lines for cable today but I cannot get the lines working. The FTA channels are working through the virgin feed but the paid channels are not. I have tried putting the details in newcamd.list in usr/keys folder but nothing seems to be working.

Any suggestions no what I could be doing wrong?

Cheers,
Param.

Hello

I have been provided with some test lines for cable today but I cannot get the lines working. The FTA channels are working through the virgin feed but the paid channels are not. I have tried putting the details in newcamd.list in usr/keys folder but nothing seems to be working.

Cheers,
Param.
What image or back up image are you using?

I have Woosh installed on the box and it is open atv 6. Thank you for the link. I'll have a read through it and follows the steps.

Hello

Cheers,
Param.
have you tried starting the softcam?
on whooshbuild ..red button..softcam panel ok..green button restart

Hello

Thank you for the replies. I have just done a fresh install of Woosh and gone into softcam and pressed the green button with mgcamd_138r1 selected but still not working.

Back