Cable H5-2TC

GerryBhoy

Hi guys, thinking of upgrading my H2H, Anyone managed to get there hands on one yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the specs, it's not really an upgrade from the H2H, in terms of performance at least.

It uses the same cpu as the H5, which itself is just a minor revision of the cpu in the H2H capable of supporting 4K output (not necessarily via the tuners, just apps). There isn't a speed difference, it literally added 4K support and that's it.

It's main purpose I'd say is the introduction of a twin cable tuner + a single sat tuner. So for those looking for a twin cable tuner it looks like a cheap solution.

For those looking for a performance boost then you'll be disappointed.

Looking at the specs, it's not really an upgrade from the H2H, in terms of performance at least.

It uses the same cpu as the H5, which itself is just a minor revision of the cpu in the H2H capable of supporting 4K output (not necessarily via the tuners, just apps). There isn't a speed difference, it literally added 4K support and that's it.

It's main purpose I'd say is the introduction of a twin cable tuner + a single sat tuner. So for those looking for a twin cable tuner it looks like a cheap solution.

For those looking for a performance boost then you'll be disappointed.

Thanks for replying mate, and yes agreed the specs not massively different, however I've herd the H5 range are much speedier through epg etc so keen to see if that's true

My main drivers the multiple cable tuner to be honest, not that I record much but would be nice to have the option to watch one record one

On that note, I've a question actually. Will the box require the feed to be split into 3 rather than the 2 my H2H requires now [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On paper it shouldn't be any faster - it's the same CPU with the addition of x265 hardware decoding. Although it would be nice to know in reality!

As to your splitter question I don't think we know yet. Most twin cable tuners use an internal splitter so only actually have one feed to it. If this is the case with the 2TC then your current splitter will be fine. If each cable tuner has its own input then you'll need to go to a three way splitter.

And you'll have to make your own setup for this box too - I don't think there are any backup images at all. It could be this which makes it feel faster as there won't be all the extra software until it gets installed.

Back