H5.2tc

craigpeg

Having problems recording one channel and watching another. Is there a special configuration required for both tuners? I dont think tuner c is working for me. Tuner b, seems to work but i get nothing through tuner c.

Check both tuners are enabled Menu -> Setup -> service searching -> Tuner Config.

If both enabled you could run a 'Manual Scan' first with tuner B set and then again with Tuner C, if either is not working the scan will fail.

I've had one dodgy tuner C out of god knows how many h5.2tc's but I have read a few others have had the problem, send it back

zgemma`s lol, sorry not helpful.
LOL, but to be honest, I dare say if the forum had as many members using another brand then you would see problems with them. It seems a lot because there are so many zgemma users on here compared to other boxes

If they always cause problems word would get around, they would get a bad rep and people wouldn't buy them. The number of boxes I've had returned to me over the past year I can count on two hands, most issues are not hardware but software/user error.

tbh, I bought my Edision as I'd heard about issues with Zgemma,
but, since talking to a lot of people with Zgemma [inc my BiL] then I dont think they have the reputation they deserve,
no-one I know has had any issues with them,
as for my Edision, every so often it decides to hog all, ALL, my internet, and only a reboot sorts it.
I think a cheaper level box will always have some issues, and, as said, I think its only the numbers issue that shows the Zgemma as having 'more' issues than anything else,
look at the numbers, its probably the same as everything else, maybe <5% , but just so many more out there,
and the high end boxes, probably used by more experienced users that know how to sort them out themselves.

as for myself, currently have an F5 and an Edision mini, and my next box will be an H5.2tc
cheap and cheerful, and if I have a few issues, so be it, I simply cant justify 150£+ on a box, but thats just me I suppose.
tbh, I cant justify 100£ on another box, but as long as the wife doesn't find out,,,,,,, :cool:

Back