h5.2tc

Loady

I have the box setup with wooshbuild and have configured tuners, entered netID which I got from my TiVo and was following ste guide from his sig, I'm not picking up any channels, my coax setup is the same it was for my previous box, also is there a way toi stop it scsanning the terrestrial services...any pointers.

Are you trying to scan in satellite or cable? ... have you enabled the relevant providers in Autobouquetsmaker? ... It wont scan terrestrial channels unless you've changed tuners b/c from dvb-c to dvb-t2.

When scanning cable, you'll only get channels 1-5 (SD versions) without a line on the box.

I'm scanning cable, I have disabled the sat tuner. I got the bouqets done ok, it is scanning now, but I'm having to do it via automatic scan, it takes a while and say its doing pass one of two, the first pass is teresstial and the second is a cable scasn, takes a while but found 500+ channels, I was under impression it would scan the feed and find the channels and then when the line is in it would clear them ?, I have my line, its an N: line, where do I put that on this box ?

You really need to configure ABM and do it via that.

Your line goes in the keys folder.

so i took my CCcam.cfg file from my H2 and put it in var/keys folder, i still need to download the cam ?

I have done the ABM bit, it finds the EPG data, so then I leave that and go to do the service search, the only way I can get anything is to do a complete scan on VM UK bruteforce but nothing is clearing...I think I'm missing something with the cams on this ?

I never thought to try telewest ec&w, so scanning is quicker and its picking up channels, do i need to do a scan on both tuners ?...i have tuner b & c set to dvb-c but on automatic scan it is only showing tuner b with telewest then tuner b again with freeview, if i use manual scan i can do each tuner at a time, in any case i cant get channels to clear, i have an N: line that is on a ccam.cfg file which i put in var/keys

You shouldn't be scanning with Auto/Manual scan in tuner config - you should be using Autobouquetsmaker... also, this has nothing to do with the EPG - that's a totally different plugin.

Isn't ABM the part that downloads the EPG data for my area, then I read you come out to do the scan in service searching. Anyway..I have channels cleared now.

No, ABM is what puts all your channels into bouquets and keeps them updated hence the name "Auto Bouquets Maker" ... EPG Importer is the plugin which does your EPG. If you have scanned using the service searching menu, you can expect to lose channels frequently.

By following my guide very closely - I know you said you've done it but you must have overlooked something or various things or it would be set up the way it's meant to be.

Just read through again, I done that scan from ABM, and it finds 300 odd channels and 37 radio. Possibly my line wasn't in and then went in to service searching and done an automatic search on ex cable and wireless virgin on 6952.

Like I said, the line wasn't on box so I thought I still needed to scan, it seemed really to quick to be true doing via ABM, which made me think it was just getting a list of channels so I thought that then I do a service search to it to pick up the channels abm had found.

You don't scan with an Automatic scan - doesn't tell you to do this anywhere in my guide so this confirms my suspicions that you wasn't following the guide.

An ABM scan for VM channels should pull in around 387 TV and 37 Radio (there abouts) and takes about 15-20 seconds.

Yes it did that..so having mistakenly gone on to do the automatic scan...should I go from scratch again or is it OK I have now followed your guide to the letter, is, will it override the automatic scan I did

If you did the abm scan after the automatic scan you will be fine, no need to start again.

Yes it did that..so having mistakenly gone on to do the automatic scan...should I go from scratch again or is it OK I have now followed your guide to the letter, is, will it override the automatic scan I did

you will be fine, just go to abm, configure, add the net id and exit then in abm start scan and you should see around 407 channels and music channels come through after abm scan

Back