H5/H5.2TC with TP-Link WN823N WiFi dongle

bill786

Hi all,

Today I received my TP-Link WN823N WiFi dongle which I'm planning to put in my H7C (arriving tomorrow) and after testing it in other boxes in my house (H5 and two H5.2TCs), it seems as though the boxes do not supply enough power to the dongle. The dongle works perfectly on my laptop and it lights up, but no matter which USB port I plug it into on the ZGemmas it doesnt power up or show up in devices. I will test it on my H7C tomorrow but if it doesn't work then I'm not sure what I should do as I've tested USB sticks that also do not power up!

Is there anything more I can do? Thanks in advance!

Link to TP Link dongle

I would use tp link adaptors instead of wifi dongles as I have had problems with these in the past.

The problem is with the TP-LINK itself, the ZGemmas dont seem to supply enough power to them to even operate and get detected. I've tried on two H5.2TCs, two H5s and a H7C - none of them light the TP-LINK WN823N up or detect it :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

The problem is with the TP-LINK itself, the ZGemmas dont seem to supply enough power to them to even operate and get detected. I've tried on two H5.2TCs, two H5s and a H7C - none of them light the TP-LINK WN823N up or detect it :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

I have had the same problem many times so I use the TP-LINK 600MBPS Nano Powerline as they plug into your wall socket and work well. wifi usb adaptors are very hit and miss.

Back