Cable H5t2c hdd problem

andy86

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice here I have a wd my passport 1tb hdd which I had previously used on a h2s without any problems however I'm suddenly getting issues with it in the h5t2c

I reformatted and initialised it upon getting the h5t2c and it worked ok for a few weeks however it's now coming up with write error disk full? Whenever I try to record anything even though the hdd is 99% empty

I tried to re initialise it again which seems to work at first apart from it seems to create some sub folders which were never on it before autofs, sdc1 & lost+found I did I test recording yesterday and it worked however this morning it's back to not working again and giving me the same error message as before "write error disk full?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if I need a new hdd could anyone reccomend a 1tb one which should work without issues?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes swap file created when initially flashing with woosh and when I go into recording settings now and try to change it from media/hdd it just comes up saying that the folder doesn't exist

when you say initially flashing? so you setup the swap file but now you changed hard drives, so you need to re-setup the swap again?

when you say initially flashing? so you setup the swap file but now you changed hard drives, so you need to re-setup the swap again?

Sorry for the misunderstanding I have not changed hard drives the hard drive was previously working but now isn't

Sorry for the misunderstanding I have not changed hard drives the hard drive was previously working but now isn't

What @ste is saying is if you have initialised the hdd again then if usiing swap files then you would need to create/enable it again after initialising the hdd. Personally I don't use a swap file as they aren't really needed.

The 'lost and found' folder is normal when initialising a hdd. autofs and sdc1 are folders but they should not be on the hdd, they should be in the /mnt folder.

If you press the Red button on the remote and then select Plugins -> Mount Manager is your hdd listed? if so does it say Mount:/media/hdd ? If it shows a different Mount then press the Green button and then using the left/right keys on remote change it until /media/hdd is highlighted and then press the green button to save. The box will then prompt you to allow it to restart, select yes and let it boot up.

When it has rebooted, press the file list button towards the top it will show how much space is available.

Try unmounting the hd, then remount it, see if it allows you to reset the recording directory.. hd/media

Gave that a try still no no avail I've now purchased a new 1tb hdd initialled it and I'm having the same problems

if you press the file list button, how much space does it show as available?

Back