h9s flashing open atv

pestman

I am trying to put an atv image on a h9s. I formatted and used the same usb stick that I have used previously on a h52s and a h2s with no problems. This model does not have a front power button to hold down when power is turned on at the rear. I have changed the noforce to force in the files on the usb. How would I know that if it is reading the usb and should I expect to see an atv image. at the moment I have no output from the box and do not know if I have to wait then turn off then back on to see the image.

I flashed one of these a few weeks ago.
Bizzarely, when the zipped image files are unzipped, there's the normal Zgemma folder, but also 2 other separate files, these also have to go on the USB

I flashed one of these a few weeks ago.
Bizzarely, when the zipped image files are unzipped, there's the normal Zgemma folder, but also 2 other separate files, these also have to go on the USB
ok thanks I have just looked I also have a bootargs.bin and fastboot.bin . I will try with those files added.

Just to add to this put all 3 files onto the usb. On the back of the box is a reset button
Put the usb in your box hold in the reset button and turn your box on. Keep hold of the reset button. Then the display should flash red/white
The box is now flashing

ok thanks makido I am still trying, I will try with the reset button held down . just to add if you have transferred the folder h9 first .As I did , when you copy the other two across ( bootargs.bin and fastboot.bin) to the usb the computer will see these as duplicate files and give you options to ignore ,keep or replace as these files are already in the h9 folder. Therefore you should end up with 2 pairs of files with the same name on the usb.
The box is using the usb and keeps making a file called crossepg

Start again with a fresh zip file once download open it up then just like copy and paste highlight all 3 and just drag them over to your usb

Hi I have now tried 20190314 -usb.zip ,the first tries were with 20190315-usb zip. I removed the power lead after pressing reset put the usb in after copying the fresh files ,connecting the power and pressed and held the reset button The tv shows the hisilicon logo then open pli logo followed by the setup display screen.but it has stopped writing a crossepg folder when the reset button is held.The only thing I can think of is trying another usb which I will get tomorrow but its strange that it will write to it but not read/be instructed by it.Any ideas on a brand of usb stick that might work would be welcome.

Back