Half decent cheap box needed.

I have heard they do if you use a VPN router but again, that's more expense so defeats the object of paying cheaper for the box when overall it works out more expensive.

Plugged straight into a Superhub 3 though, they deffo don't work as I have one and had to go back to the old Superhub 2AC model.

Yeah need to keep cost down.

Ah bugger, and the VM tech took my old router back with him when they upgraded mine to the 3.0 :(

Yeah need to keep cost down.

Ah bugger, and the VM tech took my old router back with him when they upgraded mine to the 3.0 :(

I rang VM and told them some of my devices weren't compatible with the SH3 but they work fine in my friends house who has the SH2AC so they sent me one out without hesitation - all I needed to do then was ring them and get it swapped over at their end. I have heard some members on here say they've tried this but they were told they don't send them out anymore so not too sure.

For the extra £20-£25 though, the H2.H is a much better box and easier to set up and live with for cable.

For the sake of £25 then ill get the H2H after all its the wife and kids that will use it more than me so needs fairly noob friendly lol

Thanks guys for all the help tonight.

For the sake of £25 then ill get the H2H after all its the wife and kids that will use it more than me so needs fairly noob friendly lol

Thanks guys for all the help tonight.

All my family have the H2.H, it's a good budget box which is fairly easy to set up and navigate and has good support on here.

Don't forget to get additional materials if needed - splitters / F to RF adapter / cable(s) ... take a look at the cable receiver faq in my sig below, there's also a handy h2.h setup guide there too ;)

All my family have the H2.H, it's a good budget box which is fairly easy to set up and navigate and has good support on here.

Don't forget to get additional materials if needed - splitters / F to RF adapter / cables(s) ... take a look at the cable receiver faq in my sig below, there's also a handy h2.h setup guide there too ;)

Iv got a cable and splitter bundle on my ebay watch list ready and waiting lol

Ill have a read through your guides tomorrow with a brew, get myself familiar with it all..

Thanks again.

Iv got a cable and splitter bundle on my ebay watch list ready and waiting lol

Ill have a read through your guides tomorrow with a brew, get myself familiar with it all..

Thanks again.

Make sure you buy the correct splitter and cable - avoid cheapo Electrosmart splitters and such and also don't use mass produced thin cables.

I also had that issue with V8 golden and SH3. I wonder if in general the performance of the SH3 is more superior to SH2AC?

I also had that issue with V8 golden and SH3. I wonder if in general the performance of the SH3 is more superior to SH2AC?

Yes I would say so otherwise they wouldn't of spent all that money on them. I know for certain that the Wi-Fi is better on the SH3 and the SH3 seemed to handled the higher speeds better. With the SH3 connected, I got a constant 200+ DL speed during test but with the SH2AC, it sometimes drops to around 180.

I am wondering if VM's eventual change to IPv6 may solve the issue.

I might have to my SH2AC replaced. With any luck might help with pings 16ms (which isn't anything to shabby anyway). I originally had a SH3 but had the v8 golden issue, I also read somewhere they had chipset issues.

There’s a Venton unibox twin cable tuner for sale in the for sale section, just saying. (No it isn’t mine)

£60 and it has two tuners in case you do ever decide you want to record something as opposed to just one cable tuner on the H.2H.

Back