Hanging up my boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddac

Just a quick message to let you all know. I am finally calling it a day. There will be no more skins from me in the future. There will be no further skin updates after today. What is in my Dropbox folders is it. I have pushed these creaking boxes as far as I can for the last 14 months, bringing you 3 major skins (with multiple new versions) and it's finally time to hang up my boots. I have learnt a hell of a lot, I have shared a lot. Time for someone else to step up and be counted. So thanks for appreciating my work and I am always about if people need advice and pointers).

Regards, your skin master

Kidda C :(

(PS. I am not leaving techkings. I will still be loitering around the forum making a nuisance of myself)

Sorry too hear that pal thought you just hitting your stride and now calling it a day any chance the reason or is it personal reasons ? [emoji22] did try private messaging this but your box fill so shows you that your work doesn't go un missed [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I work a long hard job all day, I do this most evenings and weekends. I am getting old and tired now. To be perfectly honest i am totally worn out. Plus there is only so far you can push your knowledge, it just becomes routine when there is little else to learn. That's why I attempted slyk q. It was a challenge. But that challenge is now over. So time to give my brain a rest. ( and eventually watch some TV, for which I bought my sat box for in the first place and never had time since)

I totally understand my girlfriend hates the box wished it blow up as spend more time messing with it [emoji23][emoji23] yeah this is old tech now enigma needs a big update as the new boxes are capable of lot more now [emoji3] enjoy your rest tho pal but I think you be back after a bit when you get the fun back and enjoyment from it again [emoji3][emoji3] enjoy your rest you earned it [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You never get bored of tinkering. Skinning gives you superior knowledge of these boxes workings, but even after all this time I am always finding something new now and again. It's quite amazing how one little box can keep you occupied for so long

Last edited:
Hi Kiddac,

Im a newbie to this site and just got my zgemma h2h which i'll be attempting to set up on weekend but just wanted to say thank as ive read and heard about your great work. Enjoy your break im sure you'll be back.

Thanks kiddac I've seen your skins evolve all the way from the birth of slyk and think i've tried to always show my appreciation, your skins don't just look the dogs but for me personally made it a much easier and less painful transition for the rest of the family to make the switch from sly and for that alone I'm grateful (saved me a lot of earache!), your a top man and I for one salute you SIR KIDDAC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks kiddac , anyone who joins this great forum will see the excellent work you've put in and by reading your posts always willing to help others who are starting up for the first time , just to say mate yourself and few others here are the official techkings , all the best mate in the future Goodluck .........

So the latest Wooshbuild has got the latest Slyk1-HD skin?........ Where's the fun in that?
Enjoy your break mate and thanks for all your help and hard work :take bow:

Cheers Kiddac, well deserved retirement after putting so much in. you have revolutionised enigma2 skins and enabled the masses to enjoy affordable tv. your legacy will live on.(y). Enjoy your new found freedom.

A Big Thank You kiddac for your perseverance in accomplishing truly amazing skins, :cheers: on its way.

Have a nice and well deserved break.

You deserve a break mate, put your feet up & enjoy watching your box you've done the place proud (y)
ckIfoEf.gif

What you've done to improve our enjoyment on these boxes is beyond the call of duty and will last for a very long time, great work and a valued member of the techkings community.

Kiddac a true legend of the skinning world taught people stuff they didn't think was possible...and taught it in a simplistic way that even I could follow! Star man and you will be missed (if u are able to stay away that is) [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your input Kiddac, I would say that you have provided a refreshing injection to the Enigma2 build alongside the wooshbuild. It would be interesting to know how many boxes are using your skins but I would estimate over 60% and for that, those people who are making money out of it should be buying you a few beers to say the least!

I hope after a good rest you get the appetite back for another challenge. If not, thanks for the memories! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back