hard drive issue

Sopryan

when i initialise the hdd it gets converted to read only. once its changed to read only i cannot create a swap file. have ye ever came across this issue before? I have no issues when i use a 32gb USB key

Last edited:
anything plugged into box needs setting up on box,i find it easier to have usb stick for epg and externally powered hdd for recording ,both setup from storage devices.

It is on the box that I am initialising the hdd by pressing the red button. Then when that's complete I go to create a swap file but the hdd that I just initialised on the box Is not there to be selected. I get a yellow box which should have the name of the hdd inside but it doesn't. It's just blank. I am then not allowed to make the swap file.

Something seems wrong wirh caddy leads then dude. I used the exact same setup two weeks ago with that caddy and worked. Have three of the usb 2 versions at home too.
PS the USB 2 versions run better on these strangely! So if replacing chose that.

Something seems wrong wirh caddy leads then dude. I used the exact same setup two weeks ago with that caddy and worked. Have three of the usb 2 versions at home too.
PS the USB 2 versions run better on these strangely! So if replacing chose that.
I knew it when I was ordering that I should have went with the usb2 I think il chance another caddy. Thanks for the help lads.

Back