Hard drive not recognised on Blade box.

fizzz33

If I fit a 1tb Samsung drive reformatted by the large drive instructions on the Blade site to fat32 I cannot get the box to recognise the drive once the drive is either removed and reconnected or the box is switched off and back on again. It seems to need to be formatted each time its plugged back in to the usb or the unit is switched back on, its a bit of a pain loosing all the info all the time is there any advice on getting it recognised. By the way this is the first of many questions.
Frank

Cheers I've tried that many times its just the same result once its removed or the box put on standby / swiched off next time the box is put on the drive needs to be formatted again by the box before its recognised again. All the formate on the Blade does is mark anything on the drive to be writen over and rename the drive to HOPPY DRIVE or what ever, it doesn't format to fat32. Pen drives are ok because they are already formatted to slow low level fat.

Try reformat it by FAT32 Formatter then connect to the box and go to the disk manager and press format again.

Been there done that, just the same. The Blade site supplies a format programme for larger drives so you can formate on your pc. Its an old style DOS programme as windows 7 cannot format external drives to fat32. Apparently the box cannot recognise large drives without them being formatted to fat32. My problem is after doing all that once disconnected it will not recognise the drive unless it is formatted again by the box then that lasts till its switched off or disconnected. Weird eh!

I think its something to do with it being a USB 3 thats confusing the box but it is backward compatable to USB 1 or 2.
I have another WD drive USB 2 and that don't work either. I have a 256gb pen drive and that is ok but on play back it sticks and stutters nothing seems to work properly on this box. I'm at a point now where I'm going to give in with it and sell it on. The info says it can record 2 sides while watching a third load of rubbish its only a single tuner all progs have to be on the same transponder what ever that means. The reason I bought it was for recording. Cheers for the info Frank

Hi m8 go to system settings then AV output settings and change TV type to Auto and Video format to Auto.
See if this work for you.
Cheers
amused

Back