Have a DIY go at installing motorised dish

very true with the spinning vix symbol in top left corner,my first solo is still usable probably as a freesat box so i updated to a vu duo now died for the second time,replaced with xtrend 10000 quad tuner and solo2 in main room.
if you want to record better off with a faster box and the formuler f1 at a very good price

I have a 1m Gibertin dish with TM 2300 motor fitted with 6 foot scaffold pole on TK brackets fitted with chemical anchors. Cable is wf100 and I eventually purchased snap and fit connectors after the screw were found wanting. I used chemical anchors because I had to install it above the gutter and up in Scotland it can get very windy at times. Its been up for years but I dont use it anywhere near as much as I did. Some great times back in the day with 1w etc all pen with available keys.

Enjoy it when you get round to it Del.

I've got a tm9100, tm800, dreambox 800hd, tm twin, tm nano se and solo 4k big difference between early models and the latest. Those don't include not linux ones I have.

I have a 1m Gibertin dish with TM 2300 motor fitted with 6 foot scaffold pole on TK brackets fitted with chemical anchors. Cable is wf100 and I eventually purchased snap and fit connectors after the screw were found wanting. I used chemical anchors because I had to install it above the gutter and up in Scotland it can get very windy at times. Its been up for years but I dont use it anywhere near as much as I did. Some great times back in the day with 1w etc all pen with available keys.

Total agree had motorised satellite for years 1.2 traix satellite tacomate motor
tacomate receiver Installed then took it down Then installed again In the end it just
became a hobby

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

very true with the spinning vix symbol in top left corner,my first solo is still usable probably as a freesat box so i updated to a vu duo now died for the second time,replaced with xtrend 10000 quad tuner and solo2 in main room.
if you want to record better off with a faster box and the formuler f1 at a very good price
Now I know what you mean mate,my box does "crash" occasionally but just by unplugging from wall box resets its self after a few mins,maybe I'll treat myself sometime down the road to a Solo2.

Thanks for that mate,windy in Scotland.....when does that happen eh LOL

Basically I want to be motorised so I'll never miss another Spurs match

I've got a tm9100, tm800, dreambox 800hd, tm twin, tm nano se and solo 4k big difference between early models and the latest. Those don't include not linux ones I have.
Do you still use ALL of those boxes mate or are some retired?

Total agree had motorised satellite for years 1.2 traix satellite tacomate motor
tacomate receiver Installed then took it down Then installed again In the end it just
became a hobby

Wish I was as confident as you are mate,I'm just worried I'll try to do the job and it ends up not working and all the box configurations have been changed but get no pictures and I'll be fooked

Get the pole absolutely dead plumb on the vertical and horizontal plane is the single most important part, use dishpointer site to give you an idea where due south is and any obstacles, compass to confirm and your on your way. I set mine at due south moved dish using receiver to 19.2e checked signal levels then back to one of the western satellites checked signal levels and fine tuned on both sats by tweaking dish up/down east/west by loosening bolts slightly and flexing dish by hand until had best signal level on both sats. After that all other sats fell into place

Get the pole absolutely dead plumb on the vertical and horizontal plane is the single most important part, use dishpointer site to give you an idea where due south is and any obstacles, compass to confirm and your on your way. I set mine at due south moved dish using receiver to 19.2e checked signal levels then back to one of the western satellites checked signal levels and fine tuned on both sats by tweaking dish up/down east/west by loosening bolts slightly and flexing dish by hand until had best signal level on both sats. After that all other sats fell into place
Different methods of setting up a motorised.system.First i would check that the pole is exactly vertical Mount.the dish
And polar head with the dish forward Set the polar elevation and declination offset according to your site latitiude For example if your latitude is 55° your polar elevation will be 34.4° your. declination of.set would be 7.1° Rotate the dish.and polar head.so.that the dish points true south and
tighten the fixing bolts This can be done by using a satellite meter to find the at 1 west
The next step is to rotate the dish on the polar head to find a reference satellite to the east Astra 28 east this can be.done. by a motor positioner or by unclamping the motor and moving the dish by hand Move the dish from east to west to maximise the signal then slacked the elevation adjustment bolts peak the signal level retighten the bolts Next rotate the dish on its polar head to find a satellite to the west and maximise the signal Then without loosening the elevation.bolts flex the dish up and down to see if the signal can be increased if so the polar head must be adjusted very slightly on the mounting pole
And the whole.procedure repeated until no
Increase in the signal can be found on either east or west Then move the.dish on its polar head to find a satellite as near as
possible to true south check the signal is peaked If not you might have to readjust the declination angle setting on the dish very slightly until the signal level is peaked for all the satellite's

Back