Have to keep restarting cam

Morning all,

I have recently just purchased a zgemma h2s and everything is running smoothly however, when I turn off the machine I have to keep restarting my Cam line / mgcamd on next boot....
All posts I have seen to resolve this relate to a softcam manager setting which I do not have on my machine?

I only have softcam panel setting where my cam is set up (running wooshbuild) a

Is there a setting I can change to make the cam start on boot rather than having to restart it all the time?

Thanks in advance

CeV

You dont need to turn off the box, simply put it on standby :)
is the cam set to autostart in softcam manager?

you are right - putting into standby works.
There is no way for the cam to auto start though - I dont have "softcam manager"
The only setting I have available is in the attached picture - "Softcam panel"

How can I get Softcam manager to change the setting please?

Thanks

CeV

Attachments

• post-2-0-14801400-1441810632.jpg
    post-2-0-14801400-1441810632.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 232
Apologies im on vix, think its called softcam panel in openatv
Go into softcam panel
Thanks for the detailed response btw. Very helpful :)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

There is no reason why this happens to a few users but normally it turns out the box is being turned off and not put in standby.

When you do turn it off, do you put the box into Deep standby mode from the menu? Or just turning it off at the back or by the plug? Just turning it off is not good as the box needs to close down fully, just like Windows does. These are Linux boxes and work in a similar way and like to be shutdown properly so any files which need updating and saving can be done. Pulling the power "can" cause issues like you found out.

Thats just it...... it doesnt have a setting in the softcam panel to auto start the cam??
I am using wooshbuild build -
I am right in suggesting that auto start of cam can only be activated if using vix?

Thanks,

CeV

---------- Post Merged at 02:37 PM ----------

There is no reason why this happens to a few users but normally it turns out the box is being turned off and not put in standby.

When you do turn it off, do you put the box into Deep standby mode from the menu? Or just turning it off at the back or by the plug? Just turning it off is not good as the box needs to close down fully, just like Windows does. These are Linux boxes and work in a similar way and like to be shutdown properly so any files which need updating and saving can be done. Pulling the power "can" cause issues like you found out.

Thanks for your response - I shall be putting it in standby from now on and if I am deep shutting down I shall do it through the settings menu.
My query now is just with the softcam manager but I am guessing I cant get that.

Thanks,

CeV

You can press and hold the red standby button to bring up the shutdown menu.

OpenATV doesn't have an autostart option, it just starts it for you. You can get to the softcam panel also by pressing the red button and then softcam panel in the menu.

Thank you for your response guys.
Wooshman - Thanks for the good explanation on the build not having an autostart option. (great tip on holding the red button as well ;))

Cheers,

CeV

That pic you posted don't look like wooshbuild unless its a really old version

Your right.. It wasn't a picture of my setup. It was a picture off the internet to explain that there was no softcam manager setting

I was going to ask / state the same question, but the fact that the softcam panel is on there meant he was running something with it installed.

I'm having this exact same issue every time I go into see standby and then turn the box on all my sky channels disappear. Running wooshbuild v5. Anyone got any ideas?

Morning all,

I have recently just purchased a zgemma h2s and everything is running smoothly however, when I turn off the machine I have to keep restarting my Cam line / mgcamd on next boot....
All posts I have seen to resolve this relate to a softcam manager setting which I do not have on my machine?

I only have softcam panel setting where my cam is set up (running wooshbuild) a

Is there a setting I can change to make the cam start on boot rather than having to restart it all the time?

Thanks in advance

CeV

did you resolve this mate? i seem to have the same issue :(

I've managed to fix this for my box, copy and paste the below into your newcamd list so it's above your line and it should solve it. I went from having to restart my cam two or three times a day to only having to restart it once after my broadband went off for a while.

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back