hd channels

rockford

Hello, I changed my broadband provider a week ago, since then I've noticed my hd tv channels have interference on sound and vision, sd are ok. I'm using the same setup ethernet from router to box like before, have asked my line supplier about the line, they say there is nothing wrong. Previously I had just broadband, how I have broadband & phone , I'm wondering if that is a factor? I was wondering if anyone has bb&phone combined and have no problems with their HD on Blade? and also anything else I could do? Thanks and kind regards, rockford.

I have always had BB and phone line with no probs.

Bit of a weird one, I would start with the HDMI cable, try another, or check the connection.

If that doesn't sort it, you could try a test line from elsewhere to rule out a server issue.

Then that only leaves an ISP problem, BB and phones use different frequencies on the signal so in theory they shouldn't
effect each other.

See diagram, red is phone, blue and green BB

HTML:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetric_digital_subscriber_line

Last edited:
Thanks for that, will do as you suggest but I have me doubts, everything was fine last week, until I switched supplier.

Are you getting similar speeds with the new supplier as you did with the previous? Someone I know moved house to an area where the speeds are poor, and he says he can't watch HD without major interference and glitches.Might be worth doing a speed test to see if that is a factor.

Are you getting similar speeds with the new supplier as you did with the previous? Someone I know moved house to an area where the speeds are poor, and he says he can't watch HD without major interference and glitches.Might be worth doing a speed test to see if that is a factor.
How does that work? Surely the server sends the same signal to the box whether you're watching SD or HD? The signal for the pictures comes through the satellite dish not the internet. I may be being dumb but I can;t see how the internet speed would affect HD but not SD

Not sure either dude, just trying to rule in/out of the quality of the new ISP. He seems to be having the same problems that rockford is experiencing. Worth checking all aspects as it could be a number of things.

I had a problem when I combined bb an phone line from the same supplier every time the phone rang the bb went off or the signal was erratic sorted it with a simple adsl microfilter

don't know if a adsl filter would help? What do you mean by interference ?

Hello, lines on screen and people talk as if they had hiccups !!

---------- Post Merged at 09:53 PM ----------

..Thanks folks, tried everything except a test line from elsewhere, will do that tomorrow.

Hi, found out what was causing the interference, none of the above, it was as simple as changing from 1080 to 1080i or auto in settings.

Back